Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Silverdale

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by FEDGE2.0 View Post
    So now Silverdale has reopened.

This week, no members couple book a time slot before 4pm for the 100yard range because apparently it's reserved for police to shoot their AR15s while we all get to keep ours at home. Nice.
    So let's book the 200yard, oh wait, can I? Instagram says it's only open Friday, Saturday and Sunday but Joan says it "might" be open Wednesday through Sunday......unless they're doing more work on it but she didn't really know.

So here we are paying $500 for a range that caters to cops over members and barely has a working 200 yard range. Rant over.
    Gee...WHAT A SHAME...

Quote Originally Posted by Buggle View Post
    oohh... that's asking for a lot. Toronto International trap & skeet is the only one anywhere near the city that offers them that I'm aware of, but they have a list, and the only actual range they have is a .22 pistol/rifle currently under construction.

http s://titsc.ca/
    I've no idea how long/solid their list is. They're also pricey.

Gagnon & Orono Fish & Hunt Club are the two more solid ones out east.
    ht tps://www.ofhc.ca/
    They have a list, but it's very short, I think if you contacted them now they'd be open. Negatives -- only two days a week, but one is on a weekend. Positives -- very cheap compared to anywhere else in GTA. 200 & 300M ranges under construction.

Then there's The Marksmen Club, which is taking people, but is only a 50M pistol & 22 rifle range. Big thing to recommend here is it's 24 hours...

There's also one in Port Perry, but I never looked into it.
    Thanks for this! I greatly appreciate it. Hadn't come across Orono.

Quote Originally Posted by 1-trident-1 View Post
    I thought it was members only, did the cops each buy a membership? if so, fine, if not then it is not a members only club. I guess they changed their policy.
    I wish I could tell you what they pay for the year to have access to that range. But I am sure I will get in some kind of ####. But let’s say it’s not as much as one would think.

I bet they deeply discount the price to keep in good books with the municipality. Easier to battle politicians trying to shut you down when you provide a place for the police to train. Sucks though that it comes at the expense of paying members

Quote Originally Posted by Steers View Post
    I wish I could tell you what they pay for the year to have access to that range. But I am sure I will get in some kind of ####. But let’s say it’s not as much as one would think.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567