Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Silverdale

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by OldMagi View Post
    The project was stopped by the ministry of something-or-other because it was infringing on "wetlands", so the ministry claimed.
    Silverdale Gun Club is located on what is considered "Wetlands" area. So any construction that the club wants to do, has to be cleared by the Ministry, the Town, and the CFO, which makes it likely more difficult for them to proceed on projects, compared to other clubs that just have to say deal with the CFO and the town (if they're in a municipality).

Issues with Wetlands include doing construction, removing vegetation, filling in bodies of water, and generally altering the area in pretty much any way.

Their other ranges to the far end have been closed by order of the town, because of zoning issues, that are trying to get resolved, or so I have been told.

The club is, as I am told, trying, but they are facing more issues with this, because of the Ministry and the Town taking up so much time.

This is so sad to hear that. I was planning to visit this Holidays to try my new 6.5 creedmoor.
    I wish if they can introduce occasional non-members events.
    Member of SFC, CCFR and CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by devolut View Post
    This is mildly true but not really at all. There are lots of options, and Silverdale was the last club I knew of that would let you walk on without a membership. Now you have to become a member, not a big deal.

There is also Target, Gagnon, Sharon.. and more.. https://gtaguns.com/gta-guns-roundup...es-around-gta/
    Offering a 50’ range?
    Weekdays only?
    $675 annual membership fees?
    Buying a share in the club first?

If the club has any of the above it’s not really an option for a lot of people.
    I’m sure in each case they have their reasons, but unfortunate when we should be growing the shooting sports.
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR

was at silverdale this morning before the rush

Quote Originally Posted by IvoB View Post
    was at silverdale this morning before the rush
    And?

and the membership list is full.

Is any walk ons allowed at all? The last time I was there they were still allowing Trap shooters to walk on.

Quote Originally Posted by MuthaFunk View Post
    Is any walk ons allowed at all? The last time I was there they were still allowing Trap shooters to walk on.
    yes walk ins can shoot trap

Damn, membership is full? I got in just in time. Applied early December and got a spot.

Quote Originally Posted by tinman304 View Post
    And?
    it was good - abit muddy - my 40g vmaxs prefer Varget over R10x in my 223 other than getting some valuable reloading data - I went home stopped at the coin operated car wash - cleaned my boots had still time on the clock did my tires. Threw some brass in the tumbler - sat on the couch and watched TV

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast