Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Silverdale

Going from 300 to 500 is a steep increase indeed.

Considering that I was holding this membership to train my kids later and rarely shown up myself, it quickly becomes a luxury considering my other household expenses.
    Well, I can swallow it for now. Any other increases will likely push me away from that and I honestly don't know to whom to say thank you here.
    Thankfully we have an opportunity to shoot real cheap in other remote location as we hunt there and stay there for may days anyway. We will see.

My deepest concern is other thing: if I bring a licensed quest, a guy who is simply willing to fine tune his hunting rifle before a hunting season, why we have to share same shooting bench?
    My understanding is that responsibility will be on me ANYWAY if that guy will do something wrong, but he paid his 20$, he has my back and I pay my membership fees.
    We still have to wait for each other until we finish testing our handloads? Not a smart move, Silverdale.

So now Silverdale has reopened.

This week, no members couple book a time slot before 4pm for the 100yard range because apparently it's reserved for police to shoot their AR15s while we all get to keep ours at home. Nice.
    So let's book the 200yard, oh wait, can I? Instagram says it's only open Friday, Saturday and Sunday but Joan says it "might" be open Wednesday through Sunday......unless they're doing more work on it but she didn't really know.

So here we are paying $500 for a range that caters to cops over members and barely has a working 200 yard range. Rant over.

I paid the $500 too

Quote Originally Posted by FEDGE2.0 View Post

This week, no members couple book a time slot before 4pm for the 100yard range because apparently it's reserved for police to shoot their AR15s while we all get to keep ours at home. Nice.
    So let's book the 200yard, oh wait, can I? Instagram says it's only open Friday, Saturday and Sunday but Joan says it "might" be open Wednesday through Sunday......unless they're doing more work on it but she didn't really know.

So here we are paying $500 for a range that caters to cops over members and barely has a working 200 yard range. Rant over.
    was there today, sure was bitter sweet not being able to shoot my AR when next to me the police get to keep those weapons of war on the street. My question is, if they are all now banned and cant be used why do they need to keep them? But that question seems to never sit right with them when I asked

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by FEDGE2.0 View Post

Based on the reputation of the Niagara Regional Police, I think the range prob has an excellent incentive to do favours for them.

htt ps://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/news/niagara-region/2015/09/18/niagara-cop-found-guilty-of-cheese-smuggling.html#:~:text=Niagara%20Regional%20Police %20Const.,the%20United%20States%20into%20Canada

ht tps://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/parker-1.5443173

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

CGN frequent flyer
    Here's more --
    htt ps://torontosun.com/news/provincial/niagara-blues-nrp-has-history-of-corruption-brutality

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_B View Post
    Offering a 50’ range?
    Weekdays only?
    $675 annual membership fees?
    Buying a share in the club first?

If the club has any of the above it’s not really an option for a lot of people.
    I’m sure in each case they have their reasons, but unfortunate when we should be growing the shooting sports.
    The closest reasonable ranges to Toronto are in and around Oshawa. There's 4 there, and most are accepting members or have short waiting lists.

Quote Originally Posted by Buggle View Post
    The closest reasonable ranges to Toronto are in and around Oshawa. There's 4 there, and most are accepting members or have short waiting lists.
    Which are currently taking new members? Preferably outdoors and have trap or sporting clays, and a rifle range? I'm a member of Gagnon (it's great) but need another club for outdoor activities and longer ranges.
    Anywhere I've looked into is full.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by McGus View Post
    Which are currently taking new members? Preferably outdoors and have trap or sporting clays, and a rifle range? I'm a member of Gagnon (it's great) but need another club for outdoor activities and longer ranges.
    Anywhere I've looked into is full.
    oohh... that's asking for a lot. Toronto International trap & skeet is the only one anywhere near the city that offers them that I'm aware of, but they have a list, and the only actual range they have is a .22 pistol/rifle currently under construction.

http s://titsc.ca/
    I've no idea how long/solid their list is. They're also pricey.

Gagnon & Orono Fish & Hunt Club are the two more solid ones out east.
    ht tps://www.ofhc.ca/
    They have a list, but it's very short, I think if you contacted them now they'd be open. Negatives -- only two days a week, but one is on a weekend. Positives -- very cheap compared to anywhere else in GTA. 200 & 300M ranges under construction.

Then there's The Marksmen Club, which is taking people, but is only a 50M pistol & 22 rifle range. Big thing to recommend here is it's 24 hours...

There's also one in Port Perry, but I never looked into it.

I thought it was members only, did the cops each buy a membership? if so, fine, if not then it is not a members only club. I guess they changed their policy.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast