Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Silverdale

Silverdale

Any word on when the range might reopen?

GunNutz
    Why was it closed?

Neighbor near by found a bullet on their property. CFO has to investigate it. At least that’s what the member email said

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ed Smurf's Avatar
    They are waiting for the election results.
    No wood......No good

Expired Business Member
    As of today the estimated time we have been given from the CFO to reopen is sometime in October.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cridler View Post
    Why was it closed?
    Original post from Joan

Hi everyone Joan here from Silverdale Gun Club. Here is a brief story of what happened. 2 guys went to the patterning range #2 and shot many rounds of 7mm and 7.62x39. The patterning range states SHOTGUN ONLY. They went there because the metric range #3 was full and my guess is they did not want to wait. They were spotted shooting and a full report was made. Silverdale does document all incidents at the range.
    Monday we received a call from the CFO that the ranges were to be closed while they complete an investigation. On Wednesday our regular CFO range inspector and the head of ranges in Ontario came to the range for the inspection and Jim was shown the bullet. No police were called and the CFO inspectors went to the rental house where it was found and obtained the evidence. After the inspection we did question all RSOs and discovered what had happened and the inspectors returned Thursday morning again for a discussion.
    Since this all happened we have contacted and reported to the police what took place. We are hoping to have ballistic testing on the round to see if that did come from our property. Silverdale is in a location where we have another range just down the road, hunters, poachers and people who like to shoot in their back yards. The office staff were told that the police were called, but I was told when I called the police that there was no report, so evidence has been tampered with by the CFO and I don't know how the whole scenario will be played out as of yet.
    Monday morning I will be on the phone trying to get some answers. We only want to know what do you want us to do so we can return to business as usual. At this time I want to remind everyone in the shooting community, this includes, ranges, stores, lobby groups as well as every type of shooter we need to unite. Our community has become overrun with want to be famous and lobby groups that think we need to pick sides, climbing a metaphorical ladder to the ruin of the sport of shooting. I have loved the sport of shooting and believe together we can make a difference.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer phillyblt's Avatar
    Wow this just blew my mind. I keep you in my prayers. You were the first gun range I ever went to. I was a member when I lived in Ontario. The big guy upstairs helped me sight in my first shotgun when I didnt know how. You're all loved by the community. We stand behind you.
    Don't miss... I won't...

Quote Originally Posted by phillyblt View Post
    You're all loved by the community.
    I just like you as a friend. It's just too soon to say the L-word.

But, yeah, this is crazy.
    "Canadians, in this fateful hour, I command you and I trust you to fight as you have ever fought with all your strength, with all your determination, with all your tranquil courage." Sir Arthur William Currie

Very saddened to hear this... other’s carelessness that hurts our sport for everyone.

If you guys are able to reopen this fall, will you be holding the annual charity pumpkin shoot? I have a few people from work who want to become RPALitonians and the yearly pumpkin shoot I’ve found is a fun (and I admit convenient) way to bring them into the hobby.

Hope this all gets sorted out soon, much luck to you!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer yomomma's Avatar
    They will also be hiking membership fees ...
    https://youtube.com/c/YomommasWildlands

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast