Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Gagnons Shooting Centre tour.

Quote Originally Posted by North of 7 View Post
    Do you know how much it costs for an HVAC system to run 24/7 on a range that size? Those hours are pretty reasonable...

North
    Call you put the HVAC switches at the door, and members and turn them on and off, as they come and go.

Even our small country indoor range is 24/7. And that what members do. The ventilation switches are next to the light switches.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hvacpimp View Post
    Who said anything about staff?? The place I go to is 24/hrs. No staff needed, just responsible firearm owners and a sh*t load of cameras!!
    The entrance to the range is through the store. Until such a time that the range has its own secure entrance, I don't forsee the hours changing.

Quote Originally Posted by KCinCourtice View Post
    Does this range allow for Rapid Fire? I won't be disrespectful but every now and then I'd like to empty magazine. What are their rules for this?
    In my experience, if you are competent and control your firearm, rate of fire has not been an issue. Conversely, you climb into the ceiling; there will be a terse conversation.

Hey Guys,

Gagnon is about as good as it gets if you want to shoot often and are located in the GTA.

As others have pointed out, it's clean, friendly and safe. They have the target retrieval system so there's never any waiting to change or see your target. And it's close enough to most folk in the GTA that they don't have to drive two or three hours one way to get some practice in. It's also warm and dry when the weather isn't so nice outside. It also has the longest indoor rifle range in Ontario, but 50m or Yards or whatever, really isn't much, especially if you are shooting long range rifles, but .22s can be fun. It was great back in the AR days tho. I heard a rumour that they make be extending it another 10m or so...

And sure it's a $100 initiation fee and a $50 Range Safety Course on top of the $600 annual membership fee, but after your first year, realistically it's $50 a month. In the GTA!

And they are running a business with employees and expenses, unlike clubs who tend to use members for the operation vs. staff. Hence why, before covid, they had the walk in program where new people could get a chance to try shooting under safe and supervised conditions. It was a bit pricey imho but I bring my own toys. Sadly, covid has put the end to that and guests for the time being. As for walk-ons, they were never permitted. Which is probably a good thing as it seems a few places that do, have a bit of a bad rep in terms of safety. Not for the lack of trying on part of the range operators, but there's just some plain stupid and ignorant people out there. They also operate during store hours as range access is through the store. I'd agree that longer hours would be more suitable for me, but this is the best we can get for these crazy times.

Cheers
    EZTRGT
    Kyle

So yeah. It's safe, clean, friendly, sheltered and within reasonable reach of most folks in the GTA.

Quote Originally Posted by R005t3r View Post
    In my experience, if you are competent and control your firearm, rate of fire has not been an issue. Conversely, you climb into the ceiling; there will be a terse conversation.
    Thanks so much for the reply. Someone at Easthill was saying it is not allowed there but then I heard another guy telling a potential member they are the only range in the area still accepting new members. I've been trying to get a safety training with East Hill for 3 weeks, finally had one booked and it got cancelled. I'm done chasing them.

Gagnon it is.

CGN Regular
    Great place to join if you are a new shooter . They take very good care of you . Staff are very polite and courteous . One of the best ranges I have visited in Ontario .

CGN Regular
    Gagnon has great and friendly owners and staff.
    I was there before there was a range.
    I was there during the range construction.
    Then I became one of their members.
    Even though I don't got to the range that often (i.e. maybe 3 times in 2019 and only 2 times in 2020), I will continue to support them.

same here.. lived 5 minutes away at Thickson and Burns. been a member since they opened essentially.. even put my membership on hold when undergoing cancer treatment for a year.. now that i have moved downtown TO.. i still continue to be a member and drive out once a month!

My wife and I have been shooting there for some time and as far as indoor ranges go it definitely is the best in the GTA. The staff and range officers are fantastic and are always willing to assist. Its a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere. They have an in house gunsmith as well. I highly recommend them to anyone looking at joining a range. They even extended every membership for the exact amount of days that they had to be closed due to the Provincial COVID shut down. Its a great family run business.
    Last edited by nitroxace; 10-16-2020 at 11:19 AM.

Hello.

I’ve tried to call / email but I guess the range is closed.

When are membership renew fees due? My membership expired on June 1 but given the lockdowns and etc, I don’t see use of the range until July / August...

Thanks

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast