Thread: MP 40 picatinny rail availability and Stock paint flakes off

CGN Regular

MP 40 picatinny rail availability and Stock paint flakes off

I see GSG has a rail for the MP 40? I can not find it available anywhere.

Also the paint on my stock is super delicate. I taped the stock up with electrical tape which seems to do the trick. Seems pretty cheap for a $600 gun. Has anyone else have this issue and had it resolved?
    Last edited by armilaria; 09-18-2019 at 09:17 PM.

Haven't had that problem with my MP40 but did loose the crap washer that holds the main pin in place. Lost it the very first time I disassembled it for cleaning.

I like the gun but a washer to retain the pin???? Poor design. Why not a captive pin system like the AR15.

Quote Originally Posted by .45colt View Post
    Haven't had that problem with my MP40 but did loose the crap washer that holds the main pin in place. Lost it the very first time I disassembled it for cleaning.

I like the gun but a washer to retain the pin???? Poor design. Why not a captive pin system like the AR15.
    likely cost although for a few dollars more it would have been worth it
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SIGP2101's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by armilaria View Post
    I see GSG has a rail for the MP 40? I can not find it available anywhere.

Also the paint on my stock is super delicate. I taped the stock up with electrical tape which seems to do the trick. Seems pretty cheap for a $600 gun. Has anyone else have this issue and had it resolved?
    Yes, very poor paint on the stock. I wipe it completely off with rubbing alcohol. Looks better that way than with bunch of random flakes.

Seems these MP40s aren't as great as I first thought. Mine has developed a crack through the midpoint of the receiver. I have contacted Blueline and it seems they might do something for me for me under warranty. Wait and see I guess. In any case I do like this little gun but wish GSG used steel instead of a crappy zinc alloy.

CGN Regular
    Is this the 9mm version you are all speaking about or the 22LR?

CGN frequent flyer tenringbound's Avatar
    Seems these MP40s aren't as great as I first thought. Mine has developed a crack through the midpoint of the receiver. I have contacted Blueline and it seems they might do something for me for me under warranty. Wait and see I guess. In any case I do like this little gun but wish GSG used steel instead of a crappy zinc alloy.
    Any chance you could post a pic? Sure hope the warranty covers this, what the round count? .22 or 9mm?
    "Never trust a hippie" -the Sex Pistols

It's the 9mm with a low round count maybe 500 if that.