Page 29 of 46 FirstFirst ... 919212223242526272829303132333435363739 ... LastLast

Thread: Turknelli M4 is HERE AT LAST!!!! TAC 12 BY Trigger wholesale!!!!

delete
    Last edited by JeffMan; 05-01-2020 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    That is my understanding. Non-restricted auto loaders need to have 18.5” barrels, unless they are rimfire.

I’m not the expert tho. Maybe someone else will chime in.
    correct

just installed the fixed stock, some tips for anyone who wants to install one on their turknelli

first off, the turks made it way harder than it needed to be, way harder than the benelli, i don't know why they didn't just copy the stock like they did everything else, but moving on...

once you verify the gun is unloaded, clear and safe

dissemble it, it makes life a whole lot easier, remove the trigger group specifically

**Can-Down informed me if you pull the adjustment lever down by hand further than it cams when you depress the lever you can slide it off the tube that way, i had tried pulling it the other way like an ar-15 stock and it didn't work and i legit never thought of using his method so try his way first and if it doesn't work for whatever reason try the method i used like a dingus below

on your telescoping stock, look at the lever you squeeze to adjust the stock, see that tiny rollpin that holds the plunger spring in? drift that out, the spring underneath is under a little bit of tension so wear safety glasses and don't let that spring fly across the room

once the spring comes out squeeze the lever and pull the stock back and off the gun

next is the pistol grip, rotate the grip and screw it off. it will remain trapped on the recoil buffer tube but with it slid back out of the way you will see a silver hex nut. you will need a 27mm wrench to loosen it, BEFORE YOU DO I RECOMMEND PUTTING A WITNESS MARK ON THE THREADS, THE NUT, AND THE RECEIVER TO KNOW HOW DEEP EVERYTHING WAS THREADED IN FOR REASSEMBLY, I USED A SHARPIE PAINT MARKER

once loose you can then un thread the entire recoil buffer tube off of the receiver. once off, thread the hex nut the opposite direction you did before and remove it straight off the tube. then slide your pistol grip back to the threads and begin threading it back on as if you were tightening it, keep going and going, it will take a bit but eventually it will thread right off the tube

replace the hex nut on the tube and thread the tube back into the receiver, tighten everything back down to where it was before you disassembled it, hopefully you put witness marks on there. make sure the track with the retaining detent for the telescoping function is clocked correctly (if your front and rear sight are parallel with the sky your detent portion of the tube should be facing the floor. i know this is obvious to 99% of you but remember car manuals have warnings that cruise control is not auto pilot for a reason

now slide your fixed stock onto the gun. if you haven't removed the buttplate yet you unscrew the sling swivel and the buttplate pivots off from bottom to top. you may have your spacer, washer, bolt and hex key inside it.

once the fixed stock is seated place the black plastic spacer inside the stock. there will be a side that says "top" on it, that is the side you want facing out towards you. again with your sights parallel to the sky you want the word "top" at the 6 oclock position

now put your bolt through the washer, then put it through the slot in the black plastic spacer, make sure your screw is seated properly in the threads and tighten. with mine there was absolutely no room for the bolt to engage the threads with the washer. i tried it without the washer but i didn't feel comfortable not having the washer there to distribute the force so i removed the spacer and touched the area of the spacer the washer contacts to the belt sander, a little bit at a time. you might not have to do this but these stocks, although decent outside, are crude inside and may require fitting

once everything is threaded together replace the buttplate, remember it hooks in at the top then pivots in at the bottom, then screw in the sling swivel to secure it and you are done. now reassemble the gun, the trigger guard may take a bit of fiddling, i found it didn't go back in as smoothly as it did with the pistol grip but it did go in without modification or anything

the length of pull on the fixed stock is identical to the telescoping stock on its most extended position

the area where the trigger group sits into the stock may be a little rough, a few light passes with an emery board or sand paper will clean it up

the stock feels nice, its fairly attractive, im not crazy about the little squares for the grip section but they feel pretty good and i think it would make a great candidate for stippling. im not sure if i like it more or less than the telescoping stock but we'll see how it feels under recoil

i hope this helps someone out
    Last edited by NeonGreen; 10-11-2019 at 03:51 PM.
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Nice write up Neon, I did notice you can slide the collapsible stock off without removing the pin, you just need to pull it down by hand further then it cams with the lever.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    Nice write up Neon, I did notice you can slide the collapsible stock off without removing the pin, you just need to pull it down by hand further then it cams with the lever.
    i had tried on mine to pull the lever end down just like you would with an AR stock but it did not want to budge and i was afraid it would break but i hadn't tried pulling the plunger end of the lever down in its normal direction of travel by hand. i will update the write up in case other peoples stocks are a little smoother like yours
    Last edited by NeonGreen; 10-11-2019 at 03:50 PM.
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Hey Simon..Do you have a pic of the Magpul Flat dark earth?

those look fantastic, great job!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Already asked you on Instagram but you have this exact one for sale or another finished like this I can purchase now Simon??
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!