Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1222242526272829303132333435363738394042 ... LastLast

Thread: Turknelli M4 is HERE AT LAST!!!! TAC 12 BY Trigger wholesale!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wolf300H&H View Post
    Ya no yotes dumb enough to x my path today

Ok ya still no luck.

I think that plate thing was binding the gas system , like you said they move now freely , and now I can lock it all into place easier too , still doesn't cycle. I've put a light at each end of barrel to see if I can see light coming into the gas system thing. No dice. Wonder if it's plugged ? Kinda hard to get to but I'll go run some break clean thru. Then reassemble.

The gas system rods don't seem fussy on positions, just drop in right ? And screw on plugs
    correct, just make sure the skinny end is the one that goes into the tube first.

its possible the gas ports are obstructed but how that would happen i don't know. if you have a decent flashlight try this, with the gun apart, the gas system completely disassembled, look down the bore from the breech end (so the barrel is removed from the receiver entirely) and shine the flashlight through the gas tubes one at a time, this will work best in a dark room. thats is the best way i can think of to see if there is anything obstructing the gas ports unless you happen to have a bore scope. i suppose if you had a pipe cleaner, one of those really flexible ones kids use for art class, you could try fishing that through the ports as well

you said your rubber o-rings are intact on the gas plugs right?

the ARGO system is extremely simple so there are only so many things that could be wrong with it.
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

Yup. That was what I was saying. I don't have a tube flashlight on hand , but from what I can tell very little light coming thru , so possibly obstructed. Did go into dark room though. Thanks

Brake cleaning there did seem to be communication from barrel to gas ports

My gas pistons only travel like 1/4" / less than a centermeter, is that right ? How can that cycle a 3" shell ?

Reassembling. Then going to test fire. Think this will be my last attempt .....

Copy that on the pipe cleaner. No idea what that is , but might be looking for one soon

Yup. That was what I was saying. I don't have a tube flashlight on hand , but from what I can tell very little light coming thru , so possibly obstructed. Did go into dark room though. Thanks

Brake cleaning there did seem to be communication from barrel to gas ports

My gas pistons only travel like 1/4" / less than a centermeter, is that right ? How can that cycle a 3" shell ?

Reassembling. Then going to test fire. Think this will be my last attempt .....

Copy that on the pipe cleaner. No idea what that is , but might be looking for one soon
    yup that small amount of movement is absolutely what they are supposed to do, they are short stroke pistons, so they move only a small amount, but its the force imparted on the bolt carrier that causes it to cycle the rest of the way. think about pushing a coin or other small object on the table, you might only poke it with your finger but the force from that will cause it to keep moving after you stopped touching it, i don't remember much of science class but i think that force is inertia.

it sounds like your pistons are moving properly now, so if your o-rings on the gas plugs are intact then it must be your gas ports, a flashlight would be more ideal than ambient room light though, how about the flash on your cellphone, most have a function where you can turn it on and use it like a flashlight

a pipe cleaner is like a metal wire with fluffy stuff on it, its probably easier to google it lol they sell them at the dollar store, i have a bag i keep just in case i have to get into a tight area cleaning a gun that a rag or q-tip cant reach
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

Cool. Thanks for your help Neon. Ya it was a no go again on cycling.

Yes I've tried two flashlights including the one on my phone to check gas communication , doesn't seem good from what I can tell.

I'm gonna look for a pipe cleaner thing now as you described ( man that's gonna have to have some 90 degree ability to get into there ) and call S&J on Tuesday if BBB doesn't chime in hear soon for recipes. I'll keep y'all posted

Cool. Thanks for your help Neon. Ya it was a no go again on cycling.

Yes I've tried two flashlights including the one on my phone to check gas communication , doesn't seem good from what I can tell.

I'm gonna look for a pipe cleaner thing now as you described ( man that's gonna have to have some 90 degree ability to get into there ) and call S&J on Tuesday if BBB doesn't chime in hear soon for recipes. I'll keep y'all posted
    damn, im out of ideas lol Simon will chime in, he'll take care of you if the gun is pooched. i find these issues so fascinating, it sucks for the owners but the design is so simple its fascinating to figure out what is going on when these issues come up. hopefully these lemon guns are in the minority though

CGN Regular
    So the Benelli M4 is a little different when it comes to manual cycling.

Without pressing the trigger, the next round will NOT manually cycle into the barrel.

In this way it's much different than typical pump shotguns, or most any other gun on the market.

This is designed so that in a LEO situation, after firing a round, the officer can eject the live round from the chamber and keep the remaining rounds IN the mag without loading the next round. He can then put the gun back on safe without a live round in the chamber.

This guy outlines it best, copied shamelessly from the Benelli USA forums:

"Your M4 sounds fine...You just need to get used to how it operates....the cartrige drop lever allows you to change to say a rifled slug by port-loading it instead of it feeding the next round in the mag tube. (by not pulling trigger on the chambered round and not pressing the cartridge drop lever you can eject the round in the chamber without the next one in the mag tube feeding)

The rounds don't leave the mag tube and go onto the shell lifter unless the trigger is pulled. (or cartridge drop lever depressed)

Bolt should lock back when empty if the last round was fired. if it was ejected without being fired (like when changing out a round) it doesn't lock back

The shell lifter is only not allowing a round to be fed into the mag tube if you have dropped the hammer say on a dummy round and the bolt has not cycled. As soon as you rack it again (simulating a fired round you'll see that it will allow you to top off the tube.

A lot of people new to Benelli have this issue so no worries. Play a little more with dummy rounds and remember to pull trigger if you are trying to simulate a round firing and it will all become more clear."

https://forums.benelliusa.com/topic/18619-i-think-i-have-a-proble-with-my-m4-but-im-not-sure/

Hope this helps,

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by Theron View Post
    So the Benelli M4 is a little different when it comes to manual cycling.

Without pressing the trigger, the next round will NOT manually cycle into the barrel.

In this way it's much different than typical pump shotguns, or most any other gun on the market.

This is designed so that in a LEO situation, after firing a round, the officer can eject the live round from the chamber and keep the remaining rounds IN the mag without loading the next round. He can then put the gun back on safe without a live round in the chamber.

This guy outlines it best, copied shamelessly from the Benelli USA forums:

"Your M4 sounds fine...You just need to get used to how it operates....the cartrige drop lever allows you to change to say a rifled slug by port-loading it instead of it feeding the next round in the mag tube. (by not pulling trigger on the chambered round and not pressing the cartridge drop lever you can eject the round in the chamber without the next one in the mag tube feeding)

The rounds don't leave the mag tube and go onto the shell lifter unless the trigger is pulled. (or cartridge drop lever depressed)

Bolt should lock back when empty if the last round was fired. if it was ejected without being fired (like when changing out a round) it doesn't lock back

The shell lifter is only not allowing a round to be fed into the mag tube if you have dropped the hammer say on a dummy round and the bolt has not cycled. As soon as you rack it again (simulating a fired round you'll see that it will allow you to top off the tube.

A lot of people new to Benelli have this issue so no worries. Play a little more with dummy rounds and remember to pull trigger if you are trying to simulate a round firing and it will all become more clear."

https://forums.benelliusa.com/topic/...t-im-not-sure/

Hope this helps,

Josh
    the turknelli is exactly the same. my interpretation of the users issue is his chambered rounds are not cycling at all, but i have been going on the assumption he has been actually firing the rounds, if he has just been cycling the gun then that's a whole other story and will be fixed by pushing the button, but i think he was actually shooting the gun, since he did mention getting a bird with it this morning

but maybe ive misinterpreted his problem and have been sending him on a wile goose chase lol

Thanks. ^^ and ^

I was wondering what was going on there. Ya the Turk does it

Theron if that was for me ..... ya that's cool and dandy ..... but the gun won't cycle. Loaded / real ammo does not feed. I have to fire the round then manually reload it. It's a semi semi and pissing me off.
    Last edited by wolf300H&H; 10-13-2019 at 09:32 PM.

Oh thanks ^ was wondering if that was screwed ip on mine too ... ya won't chamber without he trigger pulled despite not cycling. That still works
    So when firing live rounds the gun isnt cycling or was it just not feeding rounds onto the elevator when you were manualy cycling the gun?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Sounds more like a straight pull manually operated-semi.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.