Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17272930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Turknelli M4 is HERE AT LAST!!!! TAC 12 BY Trigger wholesale!!!!

Hopefully they'll sort this out for you! Man, seems like some of these in the first batch were assembled late Friday afternoon by the workers kids or something! Need better QA for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonjour43ma View Post
    Hopefully they'll sort this out for you! Man, seems like some of these in the first batch were assembled late Friday afternoon by the workers kids or something! Need better QA for sure.
    lol yea, here i was thinking "my turknelli is fine, i guess everyone is just getting lemons". but i contacted Simon at S&J and he is taking care of it so its all good, just means it will have to sit in the safe until i get a new barrel or whatever the warranty does for it
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    The problem is that the shell lift tab which engages the bolt carrier notch has an angle that is too gentle, and it will get pushed down too easily during cycling. When this tab slips down before the lift has successfully lifted up the shell, it will jam. What you need to do is file/shave the part to a more “straight” angle for it to activate the lift more reliably. Remove where the red line touches, it will lift reliably.

All you’re doing here is to prevent the slope from contacting the bolt carrier, and instead allow the top corner to interact DEEP into the bolt carrier notch, which provides a more positive “grab”. This will allow the lift to complete its cycle before this part eventually disengages.

WARNING : Only a very small amount of material removal is needed for the corner to engage, so go very slow, also polish and lubricate.

Yo can I get a free gun for helping you guys solve the problem?
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

My Tac-12 was one of the last remaining purchased from Simon. The shell lift tab had been filed already as some of the finish was removed.

Sights are centred and slugs were spot on at 30 yards. Cycled these plus double 00 buck, field loads and Challenger target loads.

So far so good, really like this platform.

Finally went to the range and put 100 shells thorough it (50 buck and 50 target load). 1 ftf for the buck shot and perfect after that. Tried ghost loading it and that was fun too lol

Overall it felt smooth and solid. Let's see after more rounds down the pipe.

So
    We did the mod to a few of the guns that were returned to us
    All of them cycle now 100%.
    Just dummped 2 case of bird shot into 4 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulriver View Post
    My Tac-12 was one of the last remaining purchased from Simon. The shell lift tab had been filed already as some of the finish was removed.

Sights are centred and slugs were spot on at 30 yards. Cycled these plus double 00 buck, field loads and Challenger target loads.

So far so good, really like this platform.
    Mine is the same. The lift tab already has the filing marks from factory.

Quote Originally Posted by badboybeeson View Post
    So
    We did the mod to a few of the guns that were returned to us
    All of them cycle now 100%.
    Just dummped 2 case of bird shot into 4 of them.
    Seems like some of the earlier ones left the factory with no QA! At least we're starting to see what were missed and people can check their shotgun during cleaning, and before shooting it.

So we know of the following that's specific to the Sulun Tac12:

1. Some have misaligned front sights that were not brazed on properly

2. Some have loosened mag tube nut that was not locktite/tightened

3. Some have the shell lift tab too rounded and not filed down

4. Some have the pistol grip not all the way turned in and tightened

5. One person had the pistol o-rings all mangled

Such small things that could've been checked by the factory!
    Last edited by Bonjour43ma; 10-20-2019 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    Yo can I get a free gun for helping you guys solve the problem?
    Seeing that most of the guns in the first batch have this done already, I doubt it.

Think of it as good karma for pointing this out for fellow gunnutz instead lol