Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Great Use of a Deactivation

Awesome Ural great option for my Patrol!

Quote Originally Posted by Milanczar View Post
    Has to be the worst timing and beyond poor to no taste to post advertisement for making money deactivating firearms.

Gives me more than pause and a bad taste in my mouth about where I will spend my money and who I spend it with in the future if there is a future for our hobby.

Talk about undoing good will and benefit of the doubt which I had up to now.
    I deactivated a DP-28 for a customer who couldn't own it otherwise (or at the very least, wouldn't be able to display it). Its a service we offer which we take pride in delivering. While I'm sorry that you feel that way, the fact remains that if anyone wants an authentic display piece, a cleanly deactivated original is the best bet.

Keep in mind that we're cannot sell FA rifles to licensed individuals, only other corporate or government entities, so these firearms will never make it into the civilian market in a live state otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by slicknick View Post
    Considering that you can either turn your DP into a dewat or let it pass from 12x licence to 12x licence to rust in a safe until it gets turned into the cops by some dude's kid after he dies or seized after the next round of bans, I'm okay with a deactivation.

Lets face it, prohibs at this point are good for display or boogaloo, and noone is going to dance.
    Basically, Prohibs in corporate inventory cannot pass back to individuals, so the prohibs in Marstar's name right now can't go to individuals in a live state.
    Marstar Canada
    1-888-744-0066
    sales@marstar.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Milanczar's Avatar
    Cabin boy aboard the New England whaler Pequod
    Quote Originally Posted by MarstarCanada View Post
    I deactivated a DP-28 for a customer who couldn't own it otherwise (or at the very least, wouldn't be able to display it). Its a service we offer which we take pride in delivering. While I'm sorry that you feel that way, the fact remains that if anyone wants an authentic display piece, a cleanly deactivated original is the best bet.

Keep in mind that we're cannot sell FA rifles to licensed individuals, only other corporate or government entities, so these firearms will never make it into the civilian market in a live state otherwise.
    Not interested in a condescending self rationalization.

It seems you have a very low regard for the community.

Deactivation is Cannibalism for profit as the most charitable label for it.

What you mean is you will do anything for money.

Or simply ways to off load more bad inventory by dropping paperweights on people. Hmmmm where I have heard that before?

It is a disgrace and humiliation for any firearm owner to own such deactivated firearm.

If they expect to get admiration for it or respect I can assure you they will soon be disabused of that notion if they have it in the first place.

You can see it as soon as they get called on it and the way they drop their eyes and focus on the ground at their feet.

They have nothing to say but stutter some apology and mumble blame about other being at fault for it than themselves.

The only value of the deactivated is to label a 'deactivated' firearm owner and give them something useful to beat themselves over the head with.

But as you are 'proud' of this the least I can do is make sure that I pass this information on so others can be alerted.

Thank you for helping me become more (finally) aware of Marstar and what it is about.
    Last edited by Milanczar; 09-23-2019 at 09:12 AM.
    The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run.
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

Or simply ways to off load more bad inventory by dropping paperweights on people. Hmmmm where I have heard that before?

It is a disgrace and humiliation for any firearm owner to own such deactivated firearm.

If they expect to get admiration for it or respect I can assure you they will soon be disabused of that notion if they have it in the first place.

You can see it as soon as they get called on it and the way they drop their eyes and focus on the ground at their feet.

They have nothing to say but stutter some apology and mumble blame about other being at fault for it than themselves.

The only value of the deactivated is to label a 'deactivated' firearm owner and give them something useful to beat themselves over the head with.

But as you are 'proud' of this the least I can do is make sure that I pass this information on so others can be alerted.

Thank you for helping me become more (finally) aware of Marstar and what it is about.

You have issues.

No part of my response was condescending. You're welcome to spend your money however you see fit, you earned it by the sweat of your brow or the power of your intellect, and I'll be the first to say that you should spend it on the places that you feel have earned it.

Do you share similar views for re-enactors? Many of their firearms are modified to fire blanks, and I genuinely want to know where you think the line should be drawn.
    Marstar Canada
    1-888-744-0066
    sales@marstar.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by All in fun View Post
    You have issues.
    X2
    You can say that again .
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

That rig would definitely turn some heads....I love it!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HOSSONE View Post
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Question regarding the deactivation procedure. Will all weapons be deactivated such that they are welded shut (no cock and click, no bolt retraction, no mag being removed). Will pistols/handguns also be welded shut or can they cock and click (I was specifically interested in a Walther P38)?

Marstar does not make the rules. They like the rest of us have to abide by them. I have a number of 12(3)'s in my safe which makes absolutely no sense as I have a non-restricted version sitting right next to it.

However, that being said, I would rather see a dewat being displayed for public purposes in order to educate the latest generation who's only exposure to said rifles would be in call of duty or some other first-person shooting game.

Seeing as the survival of this industry (in Canada) will require the participation of the latest generation (Us old farts will die off) - then I am okay with this.

Your mileage may vary.

L
    --------------------------------------------------
    "If sense is so common ..... why is it in such short supply?"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast