Page 107 of 205 FirstFirst ... 879799100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115117127 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 2045

Thread: Trudeau's Gun Ban and Buy Back

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by auracle View Post
    As adam corolla says cultures that emphasize family and education prosper.
    Poverty has nothing to do with it. Its insulting to say that the poor turn to crime when plenty of poor people are law abiding and plenty of rich people commit crimes. Poor people from broken homes who dont emphasize intact families andeducation and instead emphasize a victim mentality are drug and crime ridden.
    It really isnt complicated at all
    Well... it actually is a bit complicated. I think what you’ve said regarding low income groups perfect illustrates the confusion between probability and prejudice. The probability than a low income individual is a criminal is much higher than a wealthy one. Prejudice, however, would be disallowing poor people access to public places because they are more likely to be a mugger. It is also fair to say that correlation is not causation; meaning that it may be that low income leads to crime, or that crime leads to low income, or that neither condition leads to the other. Low income and crime, however, do overlap considerably.

As far as I’m concerned, public policy should be governed by statistics and probabilities. Meaning, people respond to the incentives they understand. Harsh penalties for crimes absolutely deter criminal behavior, and public policy should reflect that. On the other hand, people will [nearly] always act according to their best interests; but those can be hard to predict for those outside of the situation. For example how many people here, regardless of the penalty, would steal food to keep their children alive? I’m willing to bet nearly anyone. On the other hand, if stealing a quad meant 20 yrs in jail it’s unlikely anyone would risk it, especially since, given the potential cost (20years in jail) you would actually be more likely to be caught.

My point is this; the conservative platform of harsh penalties for crime absolutely are based on real statistics and incentives. They are often implemented badly, but the thinking behind them is sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Armed Hippie View Post
    And that’s where the conservatives go wrong. We don’t need more cops and harsher penalties, we have to dig into the causes of crime, youth development, social issues, poor immigration, poverty. The hardest and most expensive solution is to stop crime before it starts but it’s the only effective way. Drives me nuts the Libs and conservatives always bicker over meaningless, reactionary “solutions”.

These are exactly my thoughts!

Dear Justin...I'm from BC...a few years ago your Dad gave us the finger, we would like to give it back...

"SUCK MY FAT ONE YOU CHEAP DIMESTORE HOOD"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    a) the Buffalo Chronicle is fake news
    b) the last sentence in the Israel National News says Nanos had the Conservatives ahead by 3.7, when in fact Nanos reports LPC 36.9 and CPC 33.2.

Nanos recent poll
    https://secureservercdn.net/198.71.2...2019-10-09.pdf
    One eye to the past. One eye to the future. The wisest course.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Odd Shot's Avatar
    Woah.
    https://buffalochronicle.com/2019/10...rey-departure/

The Buffalo is reporting a source to have revealed that the girl was given $2.25 million for her silence Wednesday night
    The Buffalo is also reporting that one of their sources is a friend of the family and that they have discussed the story with the girl's father who asked that their name not be revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by rangebob View Post
    b) the last sentence in the Israel National News says Nanos had the Conservatives ahead by 3.7, when in fact Nanos reports LPC 36.9 and CPC 33.2.

Nanos recent poll
    Keeping in mind that Nanos is basically the polling arm of the Liberal party...
    "Canadians, in this fateful hour, I command you and I trust you to fight as you have ever fought with all your strength, with all your determination, with all your tranquil courage." Sir Arthur William Currie

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner99 View Post
    Okay. Guys.

It’s simple. No one comply we take them to court. Individually would be best. That gives us time.
    Class action lawsuit.

That's quite a blanket statement.
    I distinctly remember the Buffalo Chronicle as being one of the first publications to cover the details around the SNC-Jody Wilson Raybould scandal, far before other publications felt obliged to begin reporting on it.

Our MP here in NWT confirmed for sure they are targeting rate of fire

https://nnsl.com/yellowknifer/yk-hun...eral-gun-plan/
    This is the kind of thinking we are up against:

Full Thread: https://imgur.com/a/y7RARBC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_1982's Avatar

Nanos recent poll
    338canada.com shows the Libs take a dive after yesterday and the Cons pick up steam. Still predicting a Liberal Minority at 57% odds though.
    CSSA and CCFR member