Page 111 of 205 FirstFirst ... 91101103104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119121131 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2045

Thread: Trudeau's Gun Ban and Buy Back

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier_Cat View Post
    I have a similar question? If my AR and my Handguns are listed on my registration card as a complete firearm with barrel length in the descriptions, doesn’t that mean u have to turn in the whole registered item not just a serialized part???? So would it be better to strip the complete rifle then call the cfo to switch it classification to a restricted frame part so they only get the lower?
    Call the Cfo for a certification amendment to a stripped receiver
    War is Peace
    Freedom is Slavery
    Diversity is Strength

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Gunner View Post
    Once the trigger is pulled on the banning no future government will take the chance and repeal it. Just as the Conservatives wouldn't restore SAP's to allow prohib to used at the range during their 10 years of power. Also keep in mind you could very well be slapped with an obstruction of justice charge by putting a lower in cement.
    Just for arguments sake, is there any real law saying i have to keep my lower receiver in 'operable' condition? You may be right of course, but once I own a lower or firearm can i not do what i want with it? I dont technically ever have to shoot it to own it do i?

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier_Cat View Post
    I have a similar question? If my AR and my Handguns are listed on my registration card as a complete firearm with barrel length in the descriptions, doesn’t that mean u have to turn in the whole registered item not just a serialized part???? So would it be better to strip the complete rifle then call the cfo to switch it classification to a restricted frame part so they only get the lower?
    This is the question i have as well.

I don’t think they can do anything if you only give them a stripped reciver on turn in - it is technically less “dangerous” after all. I suspect your compensation would be significantly reduced (from what it will otherwise be). But really that is conjecture since we have no idea what the libs would do. Go CPC!
    Gun control defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, kidnapping, theft, and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning a firearm.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Gunner View Post
    Once the trigger is pulled on the banning no future government will take the chance and repeal it. Just as the Conservatives wouldn't restore SAP's to allow prohib to used at the range during their 10 years of power. Also keep in mind you could very well be slapped with an obstruction of justice charge by putting a lower in cement.
    I think the point here is if the Libs offer peanuts to turn in ARs then 100s or even 1000s will follow this idea. And it then becomes more of a protest that they don’t have the resources to prosecute. And I’m sure there’s a good lawyer that could get you off even if they did try to charge. “Sorry I was on my way to turn it in when I accidentally dropped it in a bucket of quick dry cement my wife mixed up to patch the driveway”

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by doobiej View Post
    Just for arguments sake, is there any real law saying i have to keep my lower receiver in 'operable' condition? You may be right of course, but once I own a lower or firearm can i not do what i want with it? I dont technically ever have to shoot it to own it do i?
    There is no law that says your fire arms have to be cleaned, assembled and ready to go.
    Your thinking of another European country

Here in winnipeg an indoor range has had their logs checked by the rcmp.
    Some poeple from out of town were questioned on why they had never
    been to the range with their restricted.
    They can call and ask but unless you give them a stupid answer, nothing they can do.
    Yes I know I need to get a spell csech
    I love this land, but my country has fallen.

STOPnTIME photos

Why is there people here actually planning on complying?

Smh, sheep knowingly allowing themselves to be led off a cliff will result in the complete destruction of the Canadian firearms community. I’m not giving the government another inch. 50 years of harassment ends this election, whichever party wins. MOLON LABE!

Those willing to sacrifice their freedoms do not deserve them.

If you are required to forfeit a registered firearm, the officials who receive it will look at what you have brought in by running the FRT number, and a picture which is representative of your firearm will appear, if you have the serialized lower only you will be asked or told to produce the rest of the registered firearm as per registration certificate.

Conversely many of you have in the past purchased lowers only and built a rifle from scratch, now when the rifle was completed it should have been re-registered to identify the finished project and an FRT number would have re-classified the lower receiver only the completed firearm.

Does a Marlin Model 60 that can hold more than ten rounds in the tubular magazine now prohibited?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    Last edited by Epoxy7; 10-23-2019 at 03:09 PM.