Page 36 of 205 FirstFirst ... 162628293031323334353637383940414243444656 ... LastLast

Thread: Trudeau's Gun Ban and Buy Back

Conservatives got my vote and the wife's that for sure, Trudeau has GOT TO GO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomIsn'tFree View Post
    Buy back at far market value? Who determines the far market value? A prohibit firearm wouldn't be worth much would it.
    This. Because by basically prohibiting something they can undervalue it. Theoretically your illegal AR could be worth no more than its scrap metal content. My $0.02 is our first line of defence after an OIC is to file a suit regarding how "market value" is determined, then get the opposition to hammer the libs on the actual cost of this proposal (which is closer to half a billion if one factors ALL semi-auto long guns and handguns). In NZ the gun buyback so far has cost the government about $1800 per gun.

They're talking about a 2 year amnesty. If this comes to pass, we should all wait until the 23rd month before complying. Crash the system with 100,000+ submissions in one month. Keep delaying it beyond the next election. Turn it into another long-gun registry boondoggle.

In the meantime I just bought a nice new Glock at my LGS. :D Everybody should by a restricted this week!
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    PPC still polling around 3%. If those votes would go to the Conservatives they would be close to 40% and in majority government territory.....just sayin.
    This!

Every vote to PPC is a vote for the liberals. If you do not understand this, look no further than Alberta in 205

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Midnight Rider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rethius View Post
    This!

Every vote to PPC is a vote for the liberals. If you do not understand this, look no further than Alberta in 205
    Very true ; every vote for Bernier and the PPC is a vote for Justin Trudeau , and his half baked policies . It wouldn't be any big surprise if Trudeau and Bernier were working together behind the scenes in order to divide the vote , and defeat the CPC . Trudeau seemed extremely happy that Bernier and the PPC were invited to the leaders debates . It is what it is .
    " SUPER BIKES RULE.....! " " Speed Costs....How Much Do You Want To Spend ! "

CGN frequent flyer
    I hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling this is not going to go well for us.

Plan for the worst and go with non compliance. Make a point. Enough is enough. They will have to come to my house and take my property themselves. Even if it means me losing "buy back" $$$. I'm not delivering my property to the RCMP to pay me my own tax dollars for my guns.

If I had a firearms buisness I would be doing the same. Wouldn't turn crap in or ship it back to where it came from. I would make them raid and arrest me. Let it get ugly if it has to. Make it a huge issue nobody can ignore. Most businesses will be toast within a few years anyways. Nothing to lose.

A majority of 2.2 million gun owners × god knows how many guns + 100's of retailers × 1000's more guns.

Saddle up soon and protest like the country has never seen. They can take guns on over 2 million people.

All dealers should form a sort of union. 2 million people have your backs.

With a bit of balls it's not that difficult to make this an unsolvable problem for them.

A good leader would choose a solution that both sides can agree upon...severe action and consequences on gangs and illegal guns. The guy admits he is blinded from privilege on camera. The exact reason I have been saying for years he is unfit. Totally out of touch and clueless about reality.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Longboat View Post

Plan for the worst and go with non compliance. Make a point. Enough is enough. They will have to come to my house and take my property themselves. Even if it means me losing "buy back" $$$. I'm not delivering my property to the RCMP to pay me my own tax dollars for my guns.

If I had a firearms buisness I would be doing the same. Wouldn't turn crap in or ship it back to where it came from. I would make them raid and arrest me. Let it get ugly if it has to. Make it a huge issue nobody can ignore. Most businesses will be toast within a few years anyways. Nothing to lose.

A majority of 2.2 million gun owners × god knows how many guns + 100's of retailers × 1000's more guns.

Saddle up soon and protest like the country has never seen. They can take guns on over 2 million people.

With a bit of balls it's not that difficult to make this an unsolvable problem for them.

A good leader would choose a solution that both sides can agree upon...severe action and consequences on gangs and illegal guns. The guy admits he is blinded from privilege on camera. The exact reason I have been saying for years he is unfit. Totally out of touch and clueless about reality.
    If we all had this attitude they'd definitely think twice about attempting to take personal property. I feel the same way, I won't be turning in anything, they will have to come get it.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Longboat View Post

This is very correct - with a bit of balls it’s not difficult. But - do Canadians have any balls besides fighting over tiny things between themselves ???
    I see it on a microscale at my workplace - they fight with each other over nothing, everybody cares only about himself giving no sh!!t about anybody else, it is close to impossible to get them work together even for their own rights for their own sake - meanwhile the management is extremelg happy about all this and is tightening the screw on them more and more. Cannot really comprehent their blindness, selfishness, and stupidity.

not sure if this was discussed earlier, but I have a question on this buy back thing. if indeed it does come to this, isn't only the receiver the registered portion of the firearm? what happens if we only turn in the barebones stripped lower.

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by corporal34 View Post
    not sure if this was discussed earlier, but I have a question on this buy back thing. if indeed it does come to this, isn't only the receiver the registered portion of the firearm? what happens if we only turn in the barebones stripped lower.
    There will be no need to turn anything in.

The gov has a free pickup service.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

This is very correct - with a bit of balls it’s not difficult. But - do Canadians have any balls besides fighting over tiny things between themselves ???
    I see it on a microscale at my workplace - they fight with each other over nothing, everybody cares only about himself giving no sh!!t about anybody else, it is close to impossible to get them work together even for their own rights for their own sake - meanwhile the management is extremelg happy about all this and is tightening the screw on them more and more. Cannot really comprehent their blindness, selfishness, and stupidity.
    Sounds very familiar