Page 96 of 205 FirstFirst ... 7686888990919293949596979899100101102103104106116 ... LastLast

Thread: Trudeau's Gun Ban and Buy Back

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakjack View Post
    There are some folks here, who recognize that this forum is being monitored by individuals in both law enforcement, and the media.

What a fellow nutter does with his own property is up to him, but consider that what is said here may not be for the benefit of your ears, but rather for the benefit of the ears of the other two parties above. Some folks are more about actions than words. Especially publicly accessible words.
    It doesn't matter to me who is watching for I have typed nothing illegal. Personally, I don't own any non-restricted so it's all hypothetical. But it's a good sign that in 2019 some people in Canada fear reprisal for what they type online.
    Last edited by JordanA; 10-06-2019 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gvanzeggelaar View Post
    Why is it so difficult to understand confiscating guns will cost very little. Anyone who thinks you need to kick in hundreds of thousands of doors is a moron.

And since when has a budget ever stopped a liberals agenda?

1. Prohibit gun
    2. Order them turned in
    3. If low compliance (especially restricted rifles) kick 5 doors in and plaster all over media
    4. Compliance problem fixed. Everyone turns in prohibited firearms.
    5. For those hanging on to none restricteds. This helps you but the gun culture still dies out with no new sales.

And yes. 99% of cops will gladly do as their masters tell them. They are cops after all......
    Do you think low participation helped bring down the LGR? How's the Quebec registry been doing? Anybody know?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by anton520b View Post
    Guys watch this video urgently! Rod and Tracy vs Blair, discussion on communists "reasoning" behind gun grab coming directly from the snake's mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04amdjAqlNY
    CCFR is doing seriously awesome work. Proud to be a member !

CGN Ultra frequent flyer kodiakjack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JordanA View Post
    It doesn't matter to me who is watching for I have typed nothing illegal. Personally, I don't own any non-restricted so it's all hypothetical. But it's a good sign that in 2019 some people in Canada fear reprisal for what they type online.
    You misunderstand.

There’s a distinct difference between “fear of reprisal” and “being careful not to show one’s hand too early.”

Depending on what happens on oct. 21st, this conversation may take a drastic turn on the 22nd.
    The Bee does not squander his time trying to explain to the Fly why honey is better than s**t. Each creature is content with the meal laid before them, so the Bee reserves his endeavor for those who know its worth.

One thing I wonder is if Trudeau does get elected; and if in fact there is a buy back then what would happened to people who don't comply.

What I mean by that is, lets say hypothetically there are 400,000 people who hold RPAL and are in possession of items of interest. Let's say 25% of those people choose not to turn in their restricted/banned firearms, which would amount to 100,000 people. Will they all be arrested? Do we have room in jail for 100,000 people? 50,000 people? 25, 000 etc.? If those people are fined, what kind of message does that send to other Canadians?

The irony of this policy is that Trudeau has managed to decriminalize one segment of Canadians with his policies on marijuana -who in my opinion were in a similar boat to gun owners, and for the most part did not induce harm to others and just wanted to enjoy their interests; and criminalized another, gun owners. And now taking action and enacting policies against those individuals who pose no risk to society and simply want to enjoy their interests, turning them into criminals. Makes no sense to me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakjack View Post
    You misunderstand.

There’s a distinct difference between “fear of reprisal” and “being careful not to show one’s hand too early.”

Depending on what happens on oct. 21st, this conversation may take a drastic turn on the 22nd.
    I see. I did misunderstand. Pardon me.

Just a lil PSA, remind your friends and family to actually vote!! We need the people to say their peace ...

CGN Regular
    hey guys and girls. I havent been on CGN for over a year but im wondering if this ever happens which i dont think it will would ammo be bought back by the buy back program to ? im sure everyone here has a nice little stock pile of ammo for each rifle, handgun etc they have. Gonna spend the next hour or so reading some comments here. I Hope everyone is well and vote CPC

Quote Originally Posted by noea77 View Post
    hey guys and girls. I havent been on CGN for over a year but im wondering if this ever happens which i dont think it will would ammo be bought back by the buy back program to ? im sure everyone here has a nice little stock pile of ammo for each rifle, handgun etc they have. Gonna spend the next hour or so reading some comments here. I Hope everyone is well and vote CPC
    there has been no mention of an ammo buyback, but there aren't too many details about the buy back period so who knows but im going to make a guess and say no they will not buy back ammo, accessories, magazines, cases, cabinets, cleaning rods,solvents and oils, reloading equipment, ear plugs, range bags, or anything else but the guns
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonGreen View Post
    there has been no mention of an ammo buyback, but there aren't too many details about the buy back period so who knows but im going to make a guess and say no they will not buy back ammo, accessories, magazines, cases, cabinets, cleaning rods,solvents and oils, reloading equipment, ear plugs, range bags, or anything else but the guns
    I understand not buying back some things but not ammo ??