Page 161 of 205 FirstFirst ... 141151153154155156157158159160161162163164165166167168169171181 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 2045

Thread: Trudeau's Gun Ban and Buy Back

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbum Man View Post
    The way I see it, if they want them they will have to take them. I will give no resistance but I will not just hand them over wrapped in a pretty little bow. If they are going to rob me of my legally obtained possessions, then that's what it will be. Either they smash through the vault to get them, or force me to open up. Nothing more than an armed robbery, committed by good folks with badges just doing the jobs they are assigned.
    Same here. The good thing after NZ is that now every gun owner in the world realizes that registration = confiscation. Their non-compliance is only possible due to the lack of registration. The gun grabbers don't even deny it any more - now they want a new gun registry in NZ for the reason of facilitating future gun seizures. It's a feature, not a bug. Say what you want about Harper but getting rid of the NR registry was a yuuuuge deal.
    ***** FREE THE WEST *****

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbum Man View Post
    Huh?
    Ever been in a war zone, son?

Ever felt the distinct whizz of a bullet right past your ear, real close like?

Ever been in the Congo just minding your own business when a huge black man who can't speak English sticks an AK up your nose with his finger inside the trigger guard?

After awhile, nothing scares you anymore.... and yes, whether you realize it not, we are in a war.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpjack View Post

No I have not

No

Ever been in the Congo just minding your own business when a huge black man who can't speak English sticks an AK up your nose with his finger inside the trigger guard?

No, and I'm sorry you had to experience that.

After awhile, nothing scares you anymore.... and yes, whether you realize it not, we are in a war.

I don't personally see how you ascertain that. I see it more as an attack against our ability to partake in a sport we love.
    Just my 2cents

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpjack View Post

Can't say that I have, sir! Some people (not me, luckily) have lived through some serious s**t...and don't want to take any s**t any more. Like some American Iraq war veterans who I know; they'd be ready to die on this hill. And make fun of me for being too soft haha. But they are single and I have three young boys so it's a very different mindset. I can't leave them to fend for themselves, whether I'm in a shallow grave or in a jail cell.
    ***** FREE THE WEST *****

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Vewdu View Post
    It needs to be presented as such to the masses or else you're gonna scare them right into the anti gun agendas arms. .
    At this point no one cares what the liberal soyboys think ! No self respecting gun owner will pander to them.

BANNED
    Bottom line is that the left (NDP/Libs/Greens) far outvoted the right (CPC/PPC).The NDP pulled many more votes from the libs than the PPC did from CPC.

The Conservative Party may have won the popular vote, but conservatives were far outvoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug The Canuck View Post
    I think it's a little oversimplification to say Scheer did a great job. He didn't. He made some critical errors.

1. He spurned the Rebel,,,,most readers are his power base
    2. He had David Menzies arrested at a CPC rally. I saw CPC votes go to PPC. Votes that could have won CPC seats.
    3. He waffled on pro-gun side. He needs to woo the firearms owners without hesitation.
    4. He didn't make himself different from Trudeau. Every time he made an announcement, the mean ladies from CBC would attack him and he backed down

He needs to get a spine, define how he is different from Trudeau, and stick with it.

Nobody likes a waffler.

On a side note, those who voted PPC probably lost CPC some seats. Although it may have made you feel good, it was a dumb move, plain and simple.

Hey guys. Instead of bickering let's focus on now what can we accomplish.

Ralph Goodale lost his seat. After 26 years of serving according to some fuzzy global news report.

That in itself is a huge victory. Vote against the gun community. Dont count on keeping your job.

We need to band together and find solutions.

I highly recommend our beloved moderators lock this thread and start a new more positive one.

- here's to hoping we still have hope.

Quote Originally Posted by FyreFighter View Post
    Bottom line is that the left (NDP/Libs/Greens) far outvoted the right (CPC/PPC).The NDP pulled many more votes from the libs than the PPC did from CPC.

The Conservative Party may have won the popular vote, but conservatives were far outvoted.
    Dude get your terminology right. Conservatives were not out voted, they just did not win as many seats in key ridings. Overall, sheer had 250k more votes than Trudeau, so its not like the turnout was not there.

Strategic voting

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvertiger View Post
    Dude get your terminology right. Conservatives were not out voted, they just did not win as many seats in key ridings. Overall, sheer had 250k more votes than Trudeau, so its not like the turnout was not there.
    ... And it didn't matter. Remember there really wasn't a second right leaning party, so 2 out of 3 ridings went to left wing progressives.

Were the candidates weak, or was the platform just unimpressive? Which ideas just "won't fly" with mainstream Canadians? Change.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Odd Shot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lintocs View Post
    ... And it didn't matter. Remember there really wasn't a second right leaning party, so 2 out of 3 ridings went to left wing progressives.

Were the candidates weak, or was the platform just unimpressive? Which ideas just "won't fly" with mainstream Canadians? Change.
    Canada is left leaning, especially in Ontario. There is no way around this fact. A change in policies to woo these voters would have the Conservatives become even more centrist than they are already criticized for