Page 112 of 205 FirstFirst ... 92102104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120122132 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 2045

Thread: Trudeau's Gun Ban and Buy Back

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    You tell them the truth that you sold the upper 29 days before the ban.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Armed Hippie View Post
    Why is there people here actually planning on complying?

Smh, sheep knowingly allowing themselves to be led off a cliff will result in the complete destruction of the Canadian firearms community. I’m not giving the government another inch. 50 years of harassment ends this election, whichever party wins. MOLON LABE!

Those willing to sacrifice their freedoms do not deserve them.
    A tactic:

I will not comply. I will file an injunction against any order for confiscation/buyback of my property on the grounds the entity taking charge of the firearms cannot adequately safeguard them. To do so, by the government's own logic, threatens public safety.

Number of firearms lost by or stolen from public agencies since 2012 (6 years) : 800+
    Number of firearms lost by or stolen from me since first getting my FAC in 1986 (33 years) : 0

I cannot in good conscience surrender my firearms to anyone who doesn't have a demonstrated track-record of safe handling/storage. Arguably to do so would be contrary to the Firearms Act, and I'm willing to test that in court.

My guns are safer with me than anywhere else. Statistics prove it. Come get 'em and get ready to explain to the Canadian public how you have managed to lose track of hundreds of handguns, SMGs, full-auto carbines, and even machine guns.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

Quote Originally Posted by BCreserveMP View Post
    A tactic:

I will not comply. I will file an injunction against any order for confiscation/buyback of my property on the grounds the entity taking charge of the firearms cannot adequately safeguard them. To do so, by the government's own logic, threatens public safety.

Number of firearms lost by or stolen from public agencies since 2012 (6 years) : 800+
    Number of firearms lost by or stolen from me since first getting my FAC in 1986 (33 years) : 0

I cannot in good conscience surrender my firearms to anyone who doesn't have a demonstrated track-record of safe handling/storage. Arguably to do so would be contrary to the Firearms Act, and I'm willing to test that in court.

My guns are safer with me than anywhere else. Statistics prove it. Come get 'em and get ready to explain to the Canadian public how you have managed to lose track of hundreds of handguns, SMGs, full-auto carbines, and even machine guns.
    +1
    Exactly. Someone with Balls and willing to fight. Can’t say much for a lot of the weaker members out there.

Does it state somewhere that you aren’t allowed to sell your parts off. Why would anyone turn in a full rifle. Regardless of what your FRT states. Prove I didn’t sell it?

I would not think so for the following, the Marlin model 60 is a rim fire self loading "semi auto action" no restrictions on tubular magazine capacity at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxs View Post
    If you are required to forfeit a registered firearm, the officials who receive it will look at what you have brought in by running the FRT number, and a picture which is representative of your firearm will appear, if you have the serialized lower only you will be asked or told to produce the rest of the registered firearm as per registration certificate.

Conversely many of you have in the past purchased lowers only and built a rifle from scratch, now when the rifle was completed it should have been re-registered to identify the finished project and an FRT number would have re-classified the lower receiver only the completed firearm.
    yes this is true if it was registered as a rifle, but this is what I am asking.....if I disassemble my ar right now, call the cfo today and tell him I just sold all my parts - it will be "reclassified" as a lower only. in the event a confiscation happens down the road, I will take whatever legal means available to retain my lower but failing that - they will have to pick up my pail of cement and take it back and check the serial and registration and it will say a registered lower and thats what they have, it will not say a fully functional rifle so they will not ask me to produce the rest of the parts.

I am not willingly complying, nor will I simply drive my lower in and drop it off at the request of "letter in the mail"...I will exhaust every legal option available to me....and when thats done and I am left with a potential criminal record or letting them pick up a pail of cement....well, I'll make that decision at the 11th hour. maybe I wont hand it over at all....but if I do, this is what I am planning.
    they can have the cemented lower.

You can call them 2 days before the deadline to turn them in. They can’t deny your request to reclassify as a lower. Even if they did, again nothing stopping you from selling off the parts. Just because your FRT states you have a full rifle doesn’t mean you can’t sell off the parts. So long as you tell them.

I wonder if the threat against Trudeau today was from a member of the firearms community. That definitely would not put us in a good light with the rest of Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by doobiej View Post
    yes this is true if it was registered as a rifle, but this is what I am asking.....if I disassemble my ar right now, call the cfo today and tell him I just sold all my parts - it will be "reclassified" as a lower only. in the event a confiscation happens down the road, I will take whatever legal means available to retain my lower but failing that - they will have to pick up my pail of cement and take it back and check the serial and registration and it will say a registered lower and thats what they have, it will not say a fully functional rifle so they will not ask me to produce the rest of the parts.

I am not willingly complying, nor will I simply drive my lower in and drop it off at the request of "letter in the mail"...I will exhaust every legal option available to me....and when thats done and I am left with a potential criminal record or letting them pick up a pail of cement....well, I'll make that decision at the 11th hour. maybe I wont hand it over at all....but if I do, this is what I am planning.
    they can have the cemented lower.
    Currently your property is YOUR property. If you want to encase your stuff in cement then go for it! I'm not aware of any law that says you can't ruin your own property. If I'm wrong I hope someone can enlighten us with actual factual documentation stating the law requires you to to keep firearms in good working order. That would be a good law and yet go against the grain of all this Liberal BS!

I bet it was fake to push the gun haters to vote