Page 103 of 205 FirstFirst ... 83939596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111113123 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2045

Thread: Trudeau's Gun Ban and Buy Back

Quote Originally Posted by SQUAREHEAD1 View Post
    I hear your brother, but people better be careful, with today’s technology, they can find stuff like that in about 40 seconds...
    ...without even being in the house.
    magnetometer .. in most smart phones. Just download a stud finder app for the consumer version. Commercial military versions - yeah I agree =/- 40 seconds
    Funding the "Bank of Dad" for over 30 years.

It’s frightening how few Canadians recognize this proposition for what it is, an instrumental first step towards oppression. Being well read in history, I have yet to find one example of a nation with a legally armed citizenry that fell victim to totalitarianism.

Every single totalitarian state was hit by a gun ban at some point before the fall of civil liberties.

When the government does not fear its people, in time the people will fear their government.
    -hippie

OK, just to rile everyone up even more here's a thought - last I looked, the receiver was the "firearm" and the rest was just parts that bolt onto it. So, what's "fair value" .. the value of a receiver?
    Don't yell at me, just asking ….
    Funding the "Bank of Dad" for over 30 years.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bogozzo View Post
    OK, just to rile everyone up even more here's a thought - last I looked, the receiver was the "firearm" and the rest was just parts that bolt onto it. So, what's "fair value" .. the value of a receiver?
    Don't yell at me, just asking ….
    $0. If your AR-15 is banned and you can’t sell it to anyone, it’s basically worthless.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    Agreed.

Personally, gun owners should not care one bit which party wins, as long as the winning party is pro gun. Likewise, when you have a blatant anti-gun party like Todays Liberals under Trudeau, we should be laser focused on seeing that party destroyed, not bickering over which sort of right leaning party has the theoretically better platform.

In my opinion, everyone interested in saving guns from the smelter should be voting for the non-liberal candidate with the best chances of winning. That may mean voting green or NDP, which might suck, but at the end of the day thats what its going to take.

If the CPC can't get their act together and capitalize on all these scandals, thats on them. 2 million gun owners can't deliver an entire election, not that all of us vote anyways. I'd love to see a CPC majority, but in some ridings that just ain't going to happen. When faced with certain gun prohibitions, it will be no consolation that I voted conservative. However, I'd gladly vote NDP if it means watching the liberals implode.

Fortunately, in my riding, I can have my cake and eat it too because the candidate in the best place to unseat the liberal incumbent is CPC.
    Eat that cake well because I'm not confident I will be able to do the same in my riding. However, the Liberal incumbent won by a mere 5804 votes from the Conservative candidate in 2015. It is voter turn-out that aggravates me the most. Out of 82,348 eligible voters, the turn-out was 55,592 - I'm hoping that changes in this election.

If polls are any indication of the election, I think we are doomed. It does not seem like the CPC will get a majority. It will likely be a Liberal minority. Even if the CPC does get a minority, the NDP and Green have already said they will not back Sheer and they will back Trudeau. Every party other than the CPC are anti-gun. The NDP/Green/Liberal coalition will succeed in banning guns.
    Once Trudeau gives cities the power to ban handguns, all the major urban areas will do it. Once one city starts, all the other cities will follow.
    The biggest problem I have is that the pro gun people are largely silent on this issue. How do these stupid majors of Vancouver and Toronto figure that banning legal guns by legal law abiding citizens will help the gang problems who are using illegally smuggled guns? It has been noted that only 1/2% of all containers being received by shipping yards on the west coast are inspected. Can it get any easier to smuggle guns into the country? The police chiefs have issued a statement stating that they are against a gun ban, and yet our intellectually challenged politicians won't listen to their own police.
    I get so depressed reading the news......

Only the start

Quote Originally Posted by 05RAV View Post
    It really does not matter at all. The authorities would not even look for hidden guns for lack of resources. It would be enough for them that the guns would be hidden forever under proverbial "floor planks" or wherever else. The owner would never be able to use those hidden guns anyway. Period.
    Having said that please vote Conservatives on October 21!
    If the liberals are re-elected the prohibition of center fire, semi automatic and magazine fed firearms will be the start point. A few more seasons of big city handgun shootings will be the next initiative for a total handgun ban such as in the UK, I personally have great deal invested in the sport more as a life long interest rather than a capitol one. Hopefully a more firearms friendly fact based government will be elected, but I am not holding my breath on this one....Time will tell.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by snipersyn View Post
    Eat that cake well because I'm not confident I will be able to do the same in my riding. However, the Liberal incumbent won by a mere 5804 votes from the Conservative candidate in 2015. It is voter turn-out that aggravates me the most. Out of 82,348 eligible voters, the turn-out was 55,592 - I'm hoping that changes in this election.
    Why would you want a higher turnout? The higher the turnout, the less your vote counts. I wish I was the only person voting in my riding.

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    Why would you want a higher turnout? The higher the turnout, the less your vote counts. I wish I was the only person voting in my riding.
    In a strategic voting system like the piss poor FPTP structure we have now, yes higher voter turn-out is just shambles.

But in principle, I am more pissed at the potential of more CPC votes if people ACTUALLY voted.

Quote Originally Posted by Armed Hippie View Post
    It’s frightening how few Canadians recognize this proposition for what it is, an instrumental first step towards oppression. Being well read in history, I have yet to find one example of a nation with a legally armed citizenry that fell victim to totalitarianism.

Every single totalitarian state was hit by a gun ban at some point before the fall of civil liberties.

When the government does not fear its people, in time the people will fear their government.
    -hippie
    What is about to unfold in this country is very similar to how things unfolded in Stalin's Russia, Nazi Germany, Venezuela, Mexico, Brazil etc.
    When you have a government that leans towards communism like liberal party (far left) the first thing they wanna do is to disarm the population
    in order to gain upper hand in case things go real bad and society as we know it dissolves. This is like a clockwork routine for reds all over the world. Crooks will always be armed, but government doesn't really care about brainless crooks who stand for nothing but crimes and rarely for grander purposes or patriotism and thus are no threat for the
    communist government. They are afraid of the citizenry, folk like you and me, folk who remember how difficult was to obtain freedoms that were gradually chopped away from us...we are their perceived threat, not criminals with their illegal guns.
    When Bill Blair was confronted by Rod and Tracy and Rod stressed that he upheld the firearm laws up to the letter, Blair said :" and I HOPE you will continue to do so..." This guy is nothing but boneless pile of human excrement with zero integrity, morals and fully devoid of any human values.
    No wonder he works so diligently for the red communist party...
    How to make a difference in fight against the communists?
    1. Vote for CPC 2. Join CCFR and CSSA (not NFA ) 3. Write letters to your Member of Parliament 4. Continue to be upstanding citizen