Page 124 of 205 FirstFirst ... 104114116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131132134144 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2045

Thread: Trudeau's Gun Ban and Buy Back

The buyback funds would be better allocated toward fighting the root causes of gun crime rather than buying all the lawfully owned firearms. Again this Liberal government continues to focus on the law abiding citizens and not the criminals. The Liberals continue to avoid putting effort into the real issues with respect to firearms. Vote Conservative on Monday.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    A Cooey model 60 prohibited? Good grief!

Marlin Model 60 too

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BCreserveMP View Post
    They don't need to impose a violent brutal dictatorship. People will do exactly what the government tells them to do because pot is legal and the government likes a passive and compliant population. Also, unlike places in the world where the citizens are forced into Revolution because they are starving to death, we have abundance of food and distractions like internet ####ography and hockey and YouTube and whatever. A Hardline rule like China or the former Soviet Union isn't necessary. We have Carnival distractions.
    You're more proving my point than disproving it, I would say.

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by anton520b View Post
    Rumors are that besides AR-15 the following firearms are being considered by communists for full on confiscation.

They Liberal platform mentions ALL semi-automatic firearms, not just AR-15s. This includes rifles and SHOTGUNS. Remember that Trudeau was full of praise for New Zealand when they included LEVER ACTIONS, PUMP ACTIONS and BOLT ACTIONS on the list of banned firearms. So it is entirely reasonable to assume similar action in Canada.

Some of the firearms that have been named as potentials for being banned are:
    Ruger 10/22
    Remington Model 597
    Savage 64 FXP
    Marlin Model 60SN
    Remington 870 and 1100
    Mossberg 500 family of shotguns
    Beretta A-400
    391 Ureka
    Browning Maxus and BPS
    Stoeger 2000 and Benelli
    This list is just SOME of what’s on the chopping block, if you have a firearm that can hold more than one round you need to pay attention.

This information came from GunGear.ca just in case someone wonders where I got this from.
    If you think NZ compliance is low, ban the firearms on this list and see what happens.
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

Quote Originally Posted by Bfranklin View Post
    If you think NZ compliance is low, ban the firearms on this list and see what happens.
    Good grief, no kidding. What are duck hunters supposed to use, a single shot break action? If there is going to be a ban perhaps we should hope they try and push it this far - it will finally cause all gun owners to unite. Need Conservative Majority.
    Gun control defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, kidnapping, theft, and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumlee Bumsnag View Post
    A Cooey model 60 prohibited? Good grief!
    oh its super dooper assaulty man! these people have no sense. when i was a kid a buddy and i were flipping through an OOOLLLLLLD sears catalogue, like from the 20s, it might have been a reprint, anyway they had some nice looking side by sides in there i was admiring and in big print above it "12 GAUGE SHOTGUN", then on the next page there were single shot shotguns, again with brig print "12 GAUGE SHOTGUN" and my buddy says "id want the single shot, they are are more powerful that's why they only hold one shot".....now sure that was just one dumb kid, but i have heard politicians and anti gun activists make equally stupid claims about the absolute dumbest crap.

im sure once they grab up all the pumps and lever actions, claim all bolt actions are sniper rifles, claim tube mags make the gun more dangerous somehow, they will come for the .22s because of that bullcrap fuddshop lore we have all heard at some point ".22s ricochet around inside skulls and destroy the brain without leaving an exit wound, that's why they are the preferred calibre of assassins", i can see it now, a pic of a .50 bmg cartridge next to a .22 lr with the caption "which is more deadly? the truth will shock you, and they are on our streets now!"
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

Quote Originally Posted by NeonGreen View Post
    oh its super dooper assaulty man! these people have no sense. when i was a kid a buddy and i were flipping through an OOOLLLLLLD sears catalogue, like from the 20s, it might have been a reprint, anyway they had some nice looking side by sides in there i was admiring and in big print above it "12 GAUGE SHOTGUN", then on the next page there were single shot shotguns, again with brig print "12 GAUGE SHOTGUN" and my buddy says "id want the single shot, they are are more powerful that's why they only hold one shot".....now sure that was just one dumb kid, but i have heard politicians and anti gun activists make equally stupid claims about the absolute dumbest crap.

im sure once they grab up all the pumps and lever actions, claim all bolt actions are sniper rifles, claim tube mags make the gun more dangerous somehow, they will come for the .22s because of that bullcrap fuddshop lore we have all heard at some point ".22s ricochet around inside skulls and destroy the brain without leaving an exit wound, that's why they are the preferred calibre of assassins", i can see it now, a pic of a .50 bmg cartridge next to a .22 lr with the caption "which is more deadly? the truth will shock you, and they are on our streets now!"
    Haha, chances are it will get there eventually...
    CCFR and CSSA Member, and Libertarian at Heart

CGN frequent flyer
    If the liberals win and implement a ban what happens to unsold inventory at gun stores? I think that a lot of items are long lead-time orders, so can folks like Wolverine just send them back for a full refund? Who pays shipping?

3 days to go gang. A CPC vote is still coming from me. Keep your fingers crossed. Positive vibes.