Page 153 of 205 FirstFirst ... 133143145146147148149150151152153154155156157158159160161163173 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 2045

Thread: Trudeau's Gun Ban and Buy Back

The gun control will probably be the first thing on the agenda. If you are a political party in a minority government looking for a coalition; you are more than likely going to pursue that with the party that has similar views (NDP) and tackle the issues that you both agree on quickly. Leaving other points of the platform which do not overlap for the rest of the term to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by canuckchap View Post
    The result was not what we hoped for, but there are still some outcomes that we can view as positive.
    Conservatives WON the popular vote...this has value.
    Conservatives swept effectively the west. This has value. Trudeau will be forced to (as long as CON hold their feet to the fire) to acknowledge that there are distinct differences in Canada.
    This is a weak government, and if history tells us anything will likely fall in 18-24 months.

There is still some hope that doomsday might pass....
    The payback value would be packed with irony if a non-confidence vote, set up by the Conservatives, would give Trudeau the boot. Joe Clark might have a stroke from the sheer joy of it! Though the Liberal/NDP coalition is going to be a tough nut to crack.
    Stupidity is its own punishment.
    “The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride,”
    ~Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskyy

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvertiger View Post
    The gun control will probably be the first thing on the agenda. If you are a political party in a minority government looking for a coalition; you are more than likely going to pursue that with the party that has similar views (NDP) and tackle the issues that you both agree on quickly. Leaving other points of the platform which do not overlap for the rest of the term to figure out.
    I agree,gun control part is the easiest promise that can be kept and it will happy the voters in GTA area.

We're f&%ked.

Quote Originally Posted by ericrose View Post
    We're f&%ked.
    yep

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisWhaaaat View Post
    Im sorry but symbols like this, with guns as the main element, just make any sort of western sentiment appear synonymous with neo-nazi views as far as the left are concerned.

As a right-winger myself, the inability for many on the right to state their opinions without being overtly aggressive is a piss-off because it makes everyone on the right look like an a$$hat.

-----

As far as the theme of this thread. I think it will take some time for the buy-back to materialize, if it does anytime soon, and what gets considered will be so arbitrarily determined by some silly uneducated politicians that making any predictions about what it looks like isn't worth it.

You can be sure that, no matter the buyback value, the plan will be extraordinarily expensive for the country, and taxpayers, including ourselves... Maybe we should be entitled to a tax break for this? Not having to pay taxes to buyback our own firearms? lol. And we can be sure and value paid by the feds will be dissappointing in almost every case.

Whatever happened to Trudeau's promise of electoral reform in the 2015 election? That would have been the most beneficial thing he could have done... We'd be sitting here with a different result tonight, you can be certain.
    well, I understand your concern, but having guns as a symbol of freedom has nothing to do with nazzis in my opinion. healthy people will view it in a right way. and liberoids will view us as neonazzis no matter what and how you do it... it is their existential hate towards right... nothing can be done about it , except civilised separation. however, if most people in wexit think that using symbolic freedom guns is wrong, I will be willing to accept it and again I respect your opinion and will think about it.

CGN frequent flyer Doug The Canuck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Milanczar View Post
    Get over it Bernier is not coming back.

Scheer did a great job. People who don't pull their head out of the Liberal cloud or turn off the CBC will have to realize that he is not going anywhere.

Perhaps those who do not like it can get started on PPC 2 - the sequel right now to help Justin third time around like happened this time.
    I think it's a little oversimplification to say Scheer did a great job. He didn't. He made some critical errors.

1. He spurned the Rebel,,,,most readers are his power base
    2. He had David Menzies arrested at a CPC rally. I saw CPC votes go to PPC. Votes that could have won CPC seats.
    3. He waffled on pro-gun side. He needs to woo the firearms owners without hesitation.
    4. He didn't make himself different from Trudeau. Every time he made an announcement, the mean ladies from CBC would attack him and he backed down

He needs to get a spine, define how he is different from Trudeau, and stick with it.

Nobody likes a waffler.

On a side note, those who voted PPC probably lost CPC some seats. Although it may have made you feel good, it was a dumb move, plain and simple.
    CSSA, NRA, NSCA Instructor, OFAH

Gun Control Is Like Trying To Prevent Drunk Driving By Making It Harder For Sober Drivers To Own Cars

Pretty unimpressed with the Manitoba vote not understanding their Liberal and NDP love.

NDP or Bloc can make legislation happen, NDP has a large rural component, they didnt do well and likely wont tick off their base. Question is how many RPALs in northern Ontario etc?
    AR15 probably gone- sks and other centrefire autoloaders might be safe for the time being.

Oh and Toronto voters you suck( just thought id get that off my chest)

AB and Sask might as well not even vote. Our votes don't matter, it's all about Ontario and Quebec. Always has been and always will be. Even when Harper was in he only paid a little bit more lip service to us than the libtards. It's about numbers and what it takes to get into power and stay there. Plain and simple. We don't have the numbers so we don't matter.