VOTE 2019 - So much is on the Line - Bans and Buybacks and Second Class Citizens!

Al Flaherty's

Supporting Dealer
Business Member
Rating - 98.4%
61   1   0
no_LPC.png
Well, it's official now and very close to home.

The Liberal Party wants to ban all AR15's with a mandatory buyback, and they want to give cities the right to ban handguns within their borders.

What happens in a city can be done in a town.

Firearm owners in cities should not be the experimental second class citizen guinea pigs for a national bans!

The announcement comes on the heels of their leader's international embarrassment and it's no surprise they want something to distract people!

Below is from their official policy page!

A re-elected Liberal government will build on the important measures we passed in Bill C-71, and continue to take serious, common-sense action to crack down on gun crime:
We will ban all military-style assault rifles, including the AR-15;
Nebulous terms, AR15 to start but who says your favorite pump-action shotgun might not have too many rails on it?
We will work with the provinces and territories to
give municipalities the ability to further restrict — or ban — handguns; and
Creating a second-class level of citizens based on where they live is unfair and could be easily exploited and expanded!
We will protect the rights of law-abiding hunters and pledge not to bring back the long-gun registry. Hunters do not use or need assault weapons.
The old favorite line, because the 223 rifle you use for coyote is far more dangerous than a 300 WIN MAG!
We will also take concrete steps — in partnership with our law enforcement agencies — to strengthen gun
control.
We will prevent people suspected of posing a danger to themselves or others — including their partners or kids — from possessing or acquiring new firearms;
This was done under the Conservative party, the introduced a lifetime ban on violent offenders (which was removed by the Liberals). Also they'll take your gun under this rule, but they don't mention any plans to increase funding for mental health access that would actually make a difference on suicides!
We will require that everyone importing ammunition must show proof of a valid firearms license; and
This is already required in Ontario
We will make it harder for legal weapons to fall into the hands of criminals, by further strengthening safe-storage laws.
A good start would be actually defining what constitutes safe-storage, maybe even offering rebates for people purchasing storage devices? But why do that when you can put all the weight & expense on the licensed shooter!

Over the last four years, our government took strong action to reduce gun violence:
We reversed the gun laws introduced by Stephen Harper that made it easier to purchase and transfer a weapon;
Harper made the training courses mandatory! They were optional under the Liberal governments! All they did was remove the physical piece of paper for the ATT!
We started requiring firearm retailers to conduct more extensive background checks; and
But didn't give them any additional resources, and didn't give the CFO more funding to provide the required service! Again putting all the onus on the community rather than taking responsibility!
We gave provinces and territories more resources to combat gun and gang violence, by investing nearly $330 million through our comprehensive, national Guns and Gangs Strategy.
Throw money at the problem as long as you don't look at how your own programs are run!

So get out there this year and vote! We at Al Flaherty's would be first on the chopping block for a city ban and we need your help!

With over 70 years in the city we could see our business destroyed based just on easy political pandering and misdirection!

Attachments

• no_LPC.png
    no_LPC.png
    84.9 KB · Views: 3,481
A minority will not prevent the NDP and Green Party from joining forces to push though a mandate.

A minority will be worse for us. At least with a majority, the liberal party will own whatever they push through. I think they still remember the sting from the registry.

With a minority, there will be no accountability. Only a race to the left between communism and eco-fascism.

"All military style assault weapons, including the AR-15"

I presume this to mean all semi autos with a detachable magazine.
Get ready folks, this is the big one.
After those it will be the high power sniper rifles (bolt action hunting rifles)

To encourage people to actually get out and vote, you should offer an attractive discount or some incentive to individuals who provide proof they voted in the election.

Knowledge is power. I hate to say it but people that don't understand guns and gun laws and the stuff we've had to do to get our licences, Are scared by guns. Its our job as a community to teach them and show them there's nothing wrong with guns in the hands of legal

licenced gun owners. I know people need jobs and compensation for there time, but if we made all firearms classes free for people, that would give us another chance at teaching the unknowledgeable. It would also up our numbers as a community. Then the CFO can

decide if there worthy. I know there's probably some holes in this idea but its just an idea. Ive never voted in my life. This year I will. I hate what's happening out there, so hopefully my vote will make a difference.

If this POS goes through, I think you guys will be the first ones to go. It'll be a race between Toronto and Montreal to figure out who bans what first, but Mtl is so messed up I'm gonna have to bet on Tor.

If this POS goes through, I think you guys will be the first ones to go. It'll be a race between Toronto and Montreal to figure out who bans what first, but Mtl is so messed up I'm gonna have to bet on Tor.

We are not going anywhere regardless of what the Liberals enact. We have been in this location since the 40's and weathered many a storm. We are staying put to serve our customers near and far.

Back
Top Bottom