Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is why you should insure your parcels.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FAQMAT View Post
    ^This
    And how insurances money can replace a number matching stock on a milsurp rifle? Not this particular one, but some milsurp have S/N stamped on the wood. You can buy new wood stock for a Mauser, but the 2k$ fully matching 98K turn into a mismatch 8-900$ rifle. Does they pay for that too?

I have a fully match No4 T with matching scope and scope case, If CanPost break the scope in transit, it can be replaced, but the rifle will not be matching anymore and thus, depreciating greatly it's value. Not sure CanPost care about that.
    A good sturdy container for high value items is far more secure than any insurances IMHO.
    If I'm not mistaken, They don't pay to replace the stock they pay the full value of the damaged firearm.

Obviously that wouldn't help too much with super rare items that can't be replaced for any amount of money, but you could buy another numbers matching k98.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Uber Super GunNutz
    Please keep us updated. You said you received this damaged rifle in the mail. I was under the impression that Postal insurance is between Canada Post and the person that sent the package, not the person that it was addressed to. You get your money back for the damaged goods from the sender of the package; they get the insurance proceeds from Canada Post. Or so I thought...

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Potashminer View Post
    Please keep us updated. You said you received this damaged rifle in the mail. I was under the impression that Postal insurance is between Canada Post and the person that sent the package, not the person that it was addressed to.
    We will keep this thread updated, for sure!

You are correct, the insurance claim has to be initiated by the mailing party, not the addressee.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    How many packages do you send per year? For a value of how much?

If you've sent for 100k$ through CP and insured it all, you've paid 2250$ in insurance. So you're still under by 250$.

But not only that: you cost is not retail, it's gross. So, if, for example, your margins is 10%, you haven't sent for 100k$ through CP, you've sent 90k$. So you paid more than 2.25$/100$.

Overall, if you ship a large volume and pay for the insurance, you're getting boned. If you don't believe that, then you actually believe that CP is selling that insurance to lose money.

Cp will never pay you thr $2000 . As the gun was not lost.
    They will lstvyou claim thr cost of a new stock
    After you show them the packaging it was shipped it
    If it was anything but a hard has you maybe be SOL
    Also if you are paying that for insurance you are paying retail prices for it. Get a contract with canada post.

CGN Regular groundskeeper willy's Avatar
    I worked in a mail plant. Parcels are literally heaved into bins from as far away as can be thrown.
    Often hit the floor. Parcels tumble through conveyor systems.
    They drop down chutes. They get covered under piles of other parcels.
    So many ways a parcel can be damaged. Then they go into contractor vans and trucks and who knows how hard they handle parcels.
    Good advice to always insure to the max.
    Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer, Now I are one.

CP is a huge pain in the rear end to deal with in the claim department.

Another CGNer and I had to fight for 6 months for an item worth 100$ that was packed to be thrown out of an airplane. CanadaPost Ombudsman was involved and we had to spend hours on the phone. Pictures of the delivered package was clearly showing a total lack of care from the monkeys CP hire to handle package, it looked like it had been in the touch down zone of the winning goal of the Superbowl.
    Left wing, right wing, they belong to the same bird.

Thanks for the tip...

curious to see how this works aswell
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    How many packages do you send per year? For a value of how much?

If you've sent for 100k$ through CP and insured it all, you've paid 2250$ in insurance. So you're still under by 250$.

But not only that: you cost is not retail, it's gross. So, if, for example, your margins is 10%, you haven't sent for 100k$ through CP, you've sent 90k$. So you paid more than 2.25$/100$.

Overall, if you ship a large volume and pay for the insurance, you're getting boned. If you don't believe that, then you actually believe that CP is selling that insurance to lose money.
    The dealer pay nothing for the insurances. The insurance fees are charged to the customers on the value of their shipped items.
    "Are you silly? I’m still gonna send it..."
    -Larry Enticer

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast