Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: Over seventy-five thousand - 75,634 - AR-15s currently registered to individuals

So does that mean we have more AR15s per capita than the USA ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rajczak_kashka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post
    He mentioned several shootings involving the VZ 58, M305 as well as semi-automatic rifles designed for war as cheap as $300- SKS?
    I call bull#### on that claim... lefty media would have been all over that and made a point of mentioning type of rifle used especially if it resembles their non defined definition of an assault rifle ....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_1982's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rajczak_kashka View Post
    I call bull#### on that claim... lefty media would have been all over that and made a point of mentioning type of rifle used especially if it resembles their non defined definition of an assault rifle ....
    Watch Blair’s video today. His words.
    CSSA and CCFR member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post
    The one point that is COMPLETELY true that should be pointed out to the public is the number of officers taken out of regular duty to conduct this confiscation. Most police services are already understaffed, and those dealing with the shootings this confiscation is meant to curb CANNOT spare the manpower to go round up thousands of legal guns almost never used in the shootings they are investigating.

It’s complete and total insanity!
    In the video, https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...iberal-Gun-Ban
    Blair mentions something about having the firearms shipped by Canada Post. I think he meant that's the way we get them, but I wondered if that meant he was thinking of having them picked up that way. e.g. having every RPALer snail mail their firearm to an RCMP building in Ottawa. Could be a fun couple weeks at the post office, with RCMP officers watching to see if any packages get misdirected.

But nope. Based on the costing, below, it doesn't look like he's going to try that.

Quote Originally Posted by CBC
    Bill Blair, who served as the government's pointman on gun control, said there are about 250,000 of the weapons now legally owned, with an average value of about $1,500 each. The buyback program is expected to cost between $400 million and $600 million, he said.

-- https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/lib...2019-1.5290950
    It never occurred to me to do the math, until just now. I just assumed that 250,000 * 1,500 = 600 million.
    Turns out 250,000 * 1,500 = $375 million.

So what are they spending $225 million on? ($600 million - $375 million = $225 million)

Software, advertising, and pickup? $225 million seems excessive for that.
    Error in the 250,000 is too low?
    Error in the $1,500 is too low?

$1,500 is similar to the New Zealand buyback amount. I read somewhere that NZ spent an average of $1800 NZD per firearm, and converting that to CAD is $1,516 per firearm.
    Last edited by rangebob; 09-22-2019 at 01:19 AM.
    One eye to the past. One eye to the future. The wisest course.

Super GunNutz
    i wouldn't worry to much,,if by the some incredible chance the Turd gets in again,it will be a minority,he had 4 years to get C71 done,a Bill that does absolutely nothing to gun owners other than a slight inconvenience to call and check the license of a buyer,assuming most bother with complying with the bull####,which everybody i know will never bother to do,it took them 4 years to get that done,,can you imagine a buy back or confiscation stupidity,he'll be out way before this dream Libtard ban ever has a chance to see the light of day.LOL..and they way Turdo stuttering idiot keeps scrwing himself into the ground more and more every day,,i doubt he and his Liberal clowns will be running Canada in a few months,there's a lot more chances the Liberal party goes EXTINCT,and it can't come to soon,Canada needs to exterminate the Liberal disease.

Full cooperation from what like 10 people?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rajczak_kashka's Avatar
    Maybe the turds will bring in boatloads of “foreign guest workers” to collect our guns once they get a rough idea of what the overtime bill from the RCMP would be to do the job of confiscation????

Quote Originally Posted by rajczak_kashka View Post
    Maybe the turds will bring in boatloads of “foreign guest workers” to collect our guns once they get a rough idea of what the overtime bill from the RCMP would be to do the job of confiscation????
    Yes and the way things are going I could see those guest workers having blue helmets.

What are the odd that ALL the police officers or even politicians will turn in their weapons or will there be some wiped off for them to keep. Im not saying the police will get a full pass but what are the odds they get special privileges to keep their property.

Its pretty common knowledge that there are different rules for the public and law enforement/government. What would put us in jail is only a slap on the wrist for them.
    An armed individual is a citizen, an unarmed individual is a subject. Gun control is not about controlling guns, it’s about controlling those who use the guns.

Quote Originally Posted by MBaker View Post
    What are the odd that ALL the police officers or even politicians will turn in their weapons or will there be some wiped off for them to keep. Im not saying the police will get a full pass but what are the odds they get special privileges to keep their property.

Its pretty common knowledge that there are different rules for the public and law enforement/government. What would put us in jail is only a slap on the wrist for them.
    The police members with the firearms will be forced to comply as anyone else. There are no "different rules".