Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Over seventy-five thousand - 75,634 - AR-15s currently registered to individuals

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    What do you mean "when they are caught releasing it"? You can download a version right now that's been "obfuscated" for privacy reasons, but contains pretty much the whole enchilada. You can't tell exactly who had which gun, but that's pretty much it.
    I was unaware of that. Thanks for the information. I didn't really look into but assumed someone would have taken it.

Peter

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    Ok. Feel free to go to court with that emotional drivel. I'll make money betting against you at every level of our court system.
    Emotional drivel. Classy. You claim expropriation of any property by any government for any reason is absolutely legal. Please give one example from anywhere in Canadian history, where a government expropriated non-real estate property under the criminal law and then destroyed it. Please provide any legal reference that substantiates this non-emotional drivel claim.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterMonkey View Post
    So it will fit on anything but a floppy disc. It is probably saved on someones C:\ drive and called PersonalExpenses.csv and is moved to the new computer every time they are refreshed. The justification for having it will be "if it saves just one life" when they are caught or release it.

Peter
    No justification is needed. Multiple Newspapers, advocacy groups and private individuals were all given redacted copies of the full registry before the Non-Restricted registry went defunct. The only thing redacted was the identifying personal info of the registered owner. I believe it was a Post Media, CanWest at the time, paper that actually published the whole thing, including the postal codes with only the last two digits missing, so that people could research gun ownership rates with a relatively high degree of geographic precision.

It is not illegal to possess the registry, or to disseminate it. The conservatives did their level best to try to destroy all the data, but like all big government data systems, its public information, and one way or another the public will always find a way to gain access to it.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterMonkey View Post
    I was unaware of that. Thanks for the information. I didn't really look into but assumed someone would have taken it.

Peter
    Im sure there were lots of unlawful duplicates made, but there are plenty of lawful copies that were circulated after Freedom of Information requests as well.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Got Juice?'s Avatar
    Anyone remember OKA Crisis. Natives armed with AK47 Rifles... and this was AFTER C68. And not one of those guns were turned in.

Think those rifles are still out there? Yup

Envy green is not a color well worn. Might want to quit while you're ahead

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Got Juice? View Post
    Anyone remember OKA Crisis. Natives armed with AK47 Rifles... and this was AFTER C68. And not one of those guns were turned in.

You mean the valmets? The only ak variant exempted from the oic banned by name list.

Now ask yourself where they came from...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    Wasn't there some sort of traditional ceremony after OKA, where the First Nations warrior men handed the rifles to the First Nations women, and the women did something with them? The jist being the men didn't have those particular guns any more.
    One eye to the past. One eye to the future. The wisest course.

BANNED

**Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**

**Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**

At Oka the weapons were burned before they walked out and surrendered

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    Great post Cameron. Really like that analysis. I hope the CCFR can run with that type of logic to get this squashed.

Out of curiosity, what are other 5.56 rifles that take stanag mags and have normal ar15 controls that are non-restricted? They are escaping my memory at the moment. Maybe don't post em here but pm me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Rider View Post
    Probably SKSs , M14s , M1s , SVT40s ; and the list goes on. If it is a semi auto center fire rifle with a mag , it will probably make the list .
    This sounds right.

So I can see them trying for about a dozen of my NR guns. Value estimate 30K. I think civil disobedience is in my future.
    If your ad in the EE is for an item that is sold, do us all a favour and mark the header PLS REMOVE.

Anyone remember OKA Crisis. Natives armed with AK47 Rifles... and this was AFTER C68.
    You might want to check Google before posting such crap.The Oka crisis took place between July 11, 1990 and September 26, 1990. Bill C-68 did not receive Royal Assent until December 5, 1995. Spreading those kinds of lies doesn't help anybody's cause, especially when the facts are easily checked.
    Last edited by savage112; 09-24-2019 at 12:45 PM.