Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 21214151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Over seventy-five thousand - 75,634 - AR-15s currently registered to individuals

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by True North Arms Corp View Post
    In July we filed an Access to Information request with the RCMP, asking for the number of AR-15s registered to individuals. The number was 75,634 as of August 14, 2019.

So this is just rifles with ar-15 in the name or were all variants included?

What was the actual wording of the request?, number seems low
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jmichelin84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post

I was actually wondering about that too because if they ban AR-15 to AR-10 stag 10 all that is gone in the Bushmaster ACR will be gone
    Is it wrong to love the clack clack bang, but wanna run from a click tick lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

Unknown but my guess is all known variants of AR that are registered as restricted.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Quote Originally Posted by jmichelin84 View Post
    I was actually wondering about that too because if they ban AR-15 to AR-10 stag 10 all that is gone in the Bushmaster ACR will be gone
    To effectively collect all non restricted, first they would need a registry (which they promised never to bring back) to figure out where to go get them.

The logistics and cost of such a ban will take decades to get to a negligible amount of legally imported firearms unaccounted for.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    Unknown but my guess is all known variants of AR that are registered as restricted.
    That is why I asked the question of the op as to what the exact wording of the request was

CGN Regular
    Only the stripped lower is restricted right?

That is why I asked the question of the op as to what the exact wording of the request was
    Goodale mention a couple of shootings and that some firearms were as cheap as $300 .... that would be the SKS is my expectation as it is a mil sup firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Markit View Post
    Only the stripped lower is restricted right?

There should be some good bolt and straight action receivers on the market withing 2 years if PM Silly Socks the narcissist gets re-elected. Return the absolute essential and build a new rifle.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwZbVM7KGhU

a Straight pull looks interesting ... a bit of a comparison here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spJQapFXEO8
    Last edited by Consults; 09-28-2019 at 05:49 PM.
    "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke
    "Truth eludes us if we do not pursue it with constant attention." Alex. Solzhenitsyn "Science shows that God exists." Prof. D. Barton Nobel Prize Chemistry

Quote Originally Posted by Consults View Post
    There should be some good bolt and straight action receivers on the market withing 2 years if PM Silly Socks the narcissist gets re-elected. Return the absolute essential and build a new rifle.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwZbVM7KGhU

a Straight pull looks interesting ... a bit of a comparison here.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spJQapFXEO8
    Forget that. That’s pathetic lol

Quote Originally Posted by JoeOnePack View Post
    Forget that. That’s pathetic lol
    Well if PM Elite Groper gets back in the choices are turn it all in, become a criminal or rebuild as a legal firearm or sell the parts you don't turn in.
    "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke
    "Truth eludes us if we do not pursue it with constant attention." Alex. Solzhenitsyn "Science shows that God exists." Prof. D. Barton Nobel Prize Chemistry

I paid $2200 for my Colt Canada MRR.... Not a ####ing chance am I taking $300 for it!
    Buy Bitcoin!