Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shipping restricted to US

I've asked another export broker, it seems like for permanent imports, any semi auto that accepts stanag mags are a no-go.
    You should try importing the upper though, maybe also the lower parts without the receiver. Stripped lowers are plenty cheap in the States.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pcvando's Avatar
    There is so much more of a selection down there, just sell here and buy what your heart desires down south.

CGN Regular
    For temporary export to the U.S. for the purposes of hunting or competition, you can Form 6 it yourself. Then you need an ATT to the Border and back, and you’re good to go. There is a time limit on that; don’t recall if it’s 90 days or 6 months max.
    As others have said, there is a prohibition on permanent transfer in the ITARS and another piece of legislation. One refers to them as “weapon of war”, another calls them an “offensive weapon for the purpose of combat” or something equally obtuse. Either way, I don’t know that you can take any part of it down permanently. Stripping the parts out of the lower and bringing them down still runs into conflict with ITARS, I believe.
    The fact that you’re immigrating may give you a bit more latitude depending on what status you’re coming in on (i.e. resident alien, landed immigrant, etc)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FoxAlpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pcvando View Post
    There is so much more of a selection down there, just sell here and buy what your heart desires down south.
    My thoughts exactly, why bother bringing anything when you can just repurchase everything and anything down south for 2/3rds the cost.
    I survived the gun control scare of 2013 and all I got was this t-shirt.......
    And 30 PMags, 5000 rounds of .223, 3000 rounds of 9mm, 5 BCG's, 5 stripped lowers, and a really pissed off wife.

GunNutz
    I'm not moving to the U.S, I'm looking at the possibility of permanently exporting an AR15 to the U.S

CGN Ultra frequent flyer KotKotofeich's Avatar
    IRunGuns has previously stated that any gun that they import into Canada they can take back out. Buy a stripped lower from them. Sell your current stripped lower here. Have them un-import the rifle.

Id like to see Hickok45 do a video on the Wk180c and an ATRS Modern Sporter!

Wow so off topic. Sorry about that. Hah.

Quote Originally Posted by pcvando View Post
    bingo. unless something has a ton of sentimental value or is ridiculously rare anywhere you go, its better to just sell here and buy again there
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

Unfortunately you can not import AR-15/10 rifles into the US unless they are for LE or Military contract. The ATF does not deem them as sporting rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty-Lou View Post
    Do you guys offer a service to export (permanently) a privately owned restricted (AR15) to the U.S.?

Or do you know if this is possible for an individual to do?

Thanks

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

GunNutz
    Thanks for the reply, even if it's not what I wanted to hear.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast