Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Need city of birth?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonGreen View Post
    pretty standard, you get asked that transferring private restricteds aswell
    You don't need to provide buyer's Place of birth when initiating a restricted transfer.

Buyer will have to phone in CFO to complete the transfer, and buyer will be asked by CFO to provide buyer's Place of Birth.

BANNED
    Place of birth is restricted only. Date of birth is PAL.

City of birth requested as "required"?

News to me.

I have bought literally dozens of firearms on the exchange in the last few years, and made dozens of purchases of supplies totalling thousands from many of the CGN listed dealers (including Tenda) and so far NEVER have I been asked this question. The only exception was by the CFC itself when phoning in on a restricted transfer, and they ask it to confirm my identity. OK, I'm, good with that. But a RETAILER demanding this?

I say NO WAY. If that is now Tenda's policy, I am very disappointed, because I will have to go elsewhere.

I say PUSH BACK and refuse unnecessary demands that are NOT a requirement of the the law!

Canadaduck

Quote Originally Posted by Canadaduck View Post
    City of birth requested as "required"?

News to me.

I have bought literally dozens of firearms on the exchange in the last few years, and made dozens of purchases of supplies totalling thousands from many of the CGN listed dealers (including Tenda) and so far NEVER have I been asked this question. The only exception was by the CFC itself when phoning in on a restricted transfer, and they ask it to confirm my identity. OK, I'm, good with that. But a RETAILER demanding this?

I say NO WAY. If that is now Tenda's policy, I am very disappointed, because I will have to go elsewhere.

I say PUSH BACK and refuse unnecessary demands that are NOT a requirement of the the law!

Canadaduck
    Were they demanding or asking.....? Settle down a bit.... like others have said maybe they are just further verifying...
    Everytime a vendor posts a sale, my bank account cringes

CGN Ultra frequent flyer phillyblt's Avatar
    I've bought tons of guns and been asked this numerous times. it's normal. you want it give it or don't and don't. easy my 2 cents
    Don't miss... I won't...

All the problems in the world and this makes the top thread... there’s probably more information about you plastered across social media and you’re worried about a gun store knowing where you were born.

Quote Originally Posted by Steers View Post
    All the problems in the world and this makes the top thread... there’s probably more information about you plastered across social media and you’re worried about a gun store knowing where you were born.
    Agreed..But gun store doesn't give a #### where you were born...RCMP/CFO want to to verify your RPAL. You did give it to the RCMP/CFO when you applied for RPAL

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Juster's Avatar
    If I ordered on the phone, anyone from near my city of birth would know what city I was from. So I impersonate Sean Connery when buying guns.
    Instead of being troubled by what is really evil, people make a big fuss over what is merely conventionally evil. -Diogenes

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    Hi Tenda,

I am curious as to why I need to give you my city of birth when I am ordering a .22 Savage Rascal for my 7-year old. I've given my ID and my PAL, what do you need birth city for? That is highly specific information and I shouldn't be asked for carelessly, or permanently kept.

Thanks
    You dont for NR firearms. Leave it blank or N/A if ordering online.
    Il messanger non è importante

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    What bugs me is all the personal info Radio Shack wants, when all I want to do is buy a couple of AA batteries.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast