Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Need city of birth?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    You still have radio shack ?
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

CGN Regular
    I just did a bit of reading on the C-71, and my wild guess is the OP's concerning issue may be caused by the new law, firearm businesses may have received new directives.

What I have commented previously in the thread was common practice when a business conducting PAL verification, and I realized things may have changed after reading this part:

it mentioned "reference number" ''make'' ''model'' ''type'', all too familier when you compare these to a restricted transfer notification paper
    Last edited by EthanW; 09-25-2019 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EthanW View Post
    You don't need to provide buyer's Place of birth when initiating a restricted transfer.

Buyer will have to phone in CFO to complete the transfer, and buyer will be asked by CFO to provide buyer's Place of Birth.
    i know, i never said you did. when i buy a restricted the cfo asks for my place of birth, when i sell a restricted they ask my place of birth thats what i was saying
    Last edited by NeonGreen; 09-25-2019 at 01:11 AM.
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonGreen View Post
    pretty standard, you get asked that transferring private restricteds aswell
    oh, ok, I assumed your Place of birth was asked by private seller...

Quote Originally Posted by NeonGreen View Post
    i know, i never said you did. when i buy a restricted the cfo asks for my place of birth, when i sell a restricted they ask my place of birth thats what i was saying

CGN Regular
    In a place where the creeps won’t get me lol
    If they want it, just give it to them. Who cares!

oh, ok, I assumed your Place of birth was asked by private seller...
    ahh i see, no if a private seller asked that id be a little suspicious lol
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer phillyblt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvacpimp View Post
    If they want it, just give it to them. Who cares!
    That's what im saying to. Who cares lol I was born in Toronto who cares lolol Now everybody knows lol ridiculous....
    Don't miss... I won't...

I just did a bit of reading on the C-71, and my wild guess is the OP's concerning issue may be caused by the new law, firearm businesses may have received new directives.

What I have commented previously in the thread was common practice when a business conducting PAL verification, and I realized things may have changed after reading this part:

it mentioned "reference number" ''make'' ''model'' ''type'', all too familier when you compare these to a restricted transfer notification paper
    So if I buy a rifle brand new and dont "transfer" it if I sell it then for 20 years the CFO has reason to believe I still own it if it ever ended up in the wrong hands thereafter?

So....how is that not a long gun registry?

All the sudden long guns require all the information as a restricted upon sale to clear your name instead of just a confirmation of license before handing the rifle over?

Need it for restricted for sure. The guys might have been filling out the wrong form. Wouldnt be a deal breaker

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Inno View Post
    Were they demanding or asking.....? Settle down a bit.... like others have said maybe they are just further verifying...
    Agree did they provide good service as well?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast