Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thanks ATRS!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer deadman's Avatar
    Nothin yet. I've been stuck working in Winnipeg since last Wed and it looks like I'll be here for at least another week.

Quick and dirty range report, I had an hour yesterday to get out and zero the scope. Wasted a few shots when I forgot which direction was which when adjusting, and didn't have a proper rest to assist me. After finally getting it where I wanted it, the rifle was putting touching holes on paper at 100 yds.

A little pressed for time, I pushed a target out to 400 yds to see if I could do anything there. We found an old stainless thermos to set up as a target and took a few pokes at it. Dialed elevation to 400 and my first two shots were just right of it and on my third I connected. Not bad for a 3.5" wide target using my MST-100. Coarse reticle and fixed 10x.....

Using bags for a more stable rest I believe I can do better with it, I was resting the rifle on a couple of stacked scraps of lumber while laying on the ground. Not very precise equipment available yesterday!

Happy with the results so far, that's my first hillbilly report.

Quote Originally Posted by deadman View Post
    I ordered the stock with the grippy bits, a little departure from a true M40 stock. Also, I'm responsible for the incorrect Leupold mount. Closest thing I could find at the local box store. If anyone has a proper repro of an M40a1 mount I'd be interested in talking.....
    Nice M40A1 clone!
    I am currently importing the same mcmillan stock but with black rubber pad and B.O. M5 inlet and sit a remington 5R. Probably in a few years, will re barrel in an M40 barrel profile.
    Why not get the badger ordnance Vietnam er USMC m40 scope mount from brownells?
    If you want to survive...then you must be built for the kill...

The Badger mount is basically exactly the same as the Leupold, with the exception of 4 screws per ring vs 2. Neither is a correct mount.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12