Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Letter to my local Liberal MP and Conservative candidate

So based off a response I read above.... it appears they want us to revert back to the 1970’s way of things?

Do we not evolve? I’m confused....
    Everytime a vendor posts a sale, my bank account cringes

CGN Regular
    I think their absolute preference is that we have no firearms. They leave in an idealist bubble unfortunately. I am a fairly moderate person, my big thing is don't piss on my shoes, and I won't piss on yours. Unfortunately, they are pissing our whole communities shoes.

Our safe storage laws are reasonable. I could have an 84mm Carl Gustof, yet no one would be any less safe because of me having it. I was trained to use one, and my safe would require a concrete saw, an arc air and a forklift to break into. Hence how does banning certain firearms semi auto do anything except alienate any firearms owner. I know some pretty staunch liberals who own restricted stuff, and even they realize that they have to vote CPC or they will lose their restricted firearms. The Liberals want to look "tough" but are actually just attacking the people who are the most law abiding. They don't want to go after the typical perpetrators of violent crimes in the cities as then they have certain special interest groups claiming the police are harassing certain demographics. Most of the police that I know in larger cities all think along the same line, if you stop X number of a certain demographic in certain areas of the cities you will find drugs and weapons.

Carding worked, yes it alienated people, that is not great. However it made people a less willing to carry weapons and that made everyone safer.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheepBrass View Post
    I think their absolute preference is that we have no firearms. They leave in an idealist bubble unfortunately. I am a fairly moderate person, my big thing is don't piss on my shoes, and I won't piss on yours. Unfortunately, they are pissing our whole communities shoes.

Our safe storage laws are reasonable. I could have an 84mm Carl Gustof, yet no one would be any less safe because of me having it. I was trained to use one, and my safe would require a concrete saw, an arc air and a forklift to break into. Hence how does banning certain firearms semi auto do anything except alienate any firearms owner. I know some pretty staunch liberals who own restricted stuff, and even they realize that they have to vote CPC or they will lose their restricted firearms. The Liberals want to look "tough" but are actually just attacking the people who are the most law abiding. They don't want to go after the typical perpetrators of violent crimes in the cities as then they have certain special interest groups claiming the police are harassing certain demographics. Most of the police that I know in larger cities all think along the same line, if you stop X number of a certain demographic in certain areas of the cities you will find drugs and weapons.

Carding worked, yes it alienated people, that is not great. However it made people a less willing to carry weapons and that made everyone safer.
    Like you I am well trained in the 84mm Carl Gustav.... and yet I’m confused why the Lieberals won’t disarm the gangsters. We have served our country and this is the disappointment we receive...

All we can do at this point is the spread the word: “Flush the Turd on October 21!!”

VP Always!!

Cheers, Barney

Just wondering about Kim Rudd and where she gets her information about firearms readily available in Canada from?
    She thinks “ it’s important that the RCMP do have oversight when it comes to potentially dangerous firearms like automatic assault weapons.” It’s my understanding that only a precious few of these are in private collections any more and even harder for those vetted individuals to enjoy with the regulations stating once those individuals are gone so are the pieces of history they had legally registered. It appears some people, mostly Liberal, think that you could go to Cabelas and buy an actual military grade weapon to assault people with? Who in our community would be able to address our population with accurate facts about firearms and how could it be done on mainstream Liberal controlled media to get the word out?
    I think that if they get re-elected they will copy and paste what Jacinda did or even try to one up her!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Milanczar's Avatar
    Cabin boy aboard the New England whaler Pequod
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheepBrass View Post
    Our safe storage laws are reasonable. I could have an 84mm Carl Gustof, yet no one would be any less safe because of me having it. I was trained to use one, and my safe would require a concrete saw, an arc air and a forklift to break into.
    Yes as well dispersal and private storage is safer than concentration and public/state storage.

Switzerland specifically decided not to store reserve forces arms in armories but they are issued to the reservists directly.

They understood well that dispersal rather than concentration is more effective and efficient (and cheaper) and safer.

Also that as the majority of people are good. That no great harm, rather the opposite occurs, there is increased security when people are armed.

The issue is not the firearms, not the storage but the stability and quality of the society.

This is of course heresy to the left wing who 'hug the thug' and have no solution for decay and poverty rather than creating more of it for more people so it looks normal........
    The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run.
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

CGN Regular
    It is humorous when they mentioned "central storage" I was like ohhh... even I want to go shopping at the local gun depository. I cannot even imagine how much real criminals where salivating at the concept

God bless you Brian!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    [QUOTE=BlackSheepBrass;16304812]I doubt I will receive any reply. What can Ms. Rudd respond to this with that isn't going to contradict the Liberal party's mandate? ...QUOTE]

Hello Brian:

Ever get a response? Better yet, a COHERENT response?

I know my local Liberal candidate seems to be repeating the party line, and I doubt many will stray from it....

CGN Regular
    So i guess if liberals are getting rid of all the law abiding citizens guns and it is going to be so much safer, the police won't need to be issued firearms any more huh.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CZ_Brno's Avatar
    As soon as I read the excellent letter the OP went to a lot of thought and work on I already knew the only response would be an uncaring and unconcerning form letter.
    Brno Arms had and still has reputation for extremely talented designers, engineers, their DESIGN - WAY AHEAD OF OTHERS, WAY AHEAD OF TIME, UNCOMPROMIZING QUALITY, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OLD WORLD CRAFTSMANSHIP and long LASTING BEAUTY ~Brnomann

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast