Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wood Furniture for the WK

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    I'd be all in for the cheapest, nastiest clone of the original AR180 furniture myself.
    The wood doesn't look too bad but I've got a feeling it would be crazy high priced and again defeat the whole purpose of the gun.

Then again I'd also first want a consistent product not plagued by development issues that get pawned off by the manufacturer onto the buyer being a retard as well......I'll probably wait for that development first.
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    I'd be all in for the cheapest, nastiest clone of the original AR180 furniture myself.
    Is 3D-Printed material strong enough that you could scan an original 180 handguard, modify it to fit the WK, and print it for use on the gun?

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Is 3D-Printed material strong enough that you could scan an original 180 handguard, modify it to fit the WK, and print it for use on the gun?
    That's a good question actually. I never thought of it. I have no experience with the format.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Wouldn't a 3D printed handguard melt due to heat? I do have some Hatchbox PLA filament with wood fibers in it, which may be good for something like that. It kinda feels like cardboard once it's printed, but it can be sanded and stained to simulate a wood grain.

Quote Originally Posted by A83 View Post
    Wouldn't a 3D printed handguard melt due to heat? I do have some Hatchbox PLA filament with wood fibers in it, which may be good for something like that. It kinda feels like cardboard once it's printed, but it can be sanded and stained to simulate a wood grain.
    The ar180b handguards were just plastic. Didn't even have a heat shield in them.
    I heated that barrel up good and hard many many times.
    I don't know what type of plastic they used but it was good to go.

Been waiting for a company to release wood furniture so long, got my wk in december. Would love a c1a1ish looking rifle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12