Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Range Membership In Another Province?

Quote Originally Posted by jmichelin84 View Post
    I keep getting asked, by the CFO, and also shops that I'm trying to buy from, the first restricted I tried to buy, I said none yet they are building it , I got told no sale.
    The firearms act might not have any sections, but the actual cfo for the province might want it or make thier own rules
    That maybe, but that does not make it the law.

Shawn

Aren't the main reasons they accept; hunting, collecting and target shooting?
    So doesn't that leave collecting as a good reason for buying a restricted as well?

CGN Regular
    I heard it is hard to prove you are a collector. They will ask you every single question about every single detail about firearms to determine if you are a collector.

Yes there is a knowledge component for being a collector, it is also not a good idea.

It opens you up to inspection you cant deny and people have had issues getting ATTs prior to C-42 if only a collector

Gun collectors

30 The criteria referred to in subparagraph 28(b)(ii) are that the individual

(a) has knowledge of the historical, technological or scientific characteristics that relate or distinguish the restricted firearms or handguns that he or she possesses;

(b) has consented to the periodic inspection, conducted in a reasonable manner, of the premises in which the restricted firearms or handguns are to be kept; and

(c) has complied with such other requirements as are prescribed respecting knowledge, secure storage and the keeping of records in respect of restricted firearms or handguns.
    https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/...6.html#docCont

Shawn

CGN Regular
    Thanks Shawn, very helpful info. I tried calling my CFO but couldn't get him yet.

Shawn

CGN Ultra frequent flyer KotKotofeich's Avatar
    My club - EOSC - has quite a few members from Quebec. Some drive down from Montreal.

Also, there was a recent court case where the QC CFO was forced to recognize a membership at a US range as reasonable. Apparently it's a thing closer to Quebec city.

So, yes, you can definitely join a club in a different province/state. Bonus: you get to not worry about the loi 9 exam.

Good to know, Thanks Shawn

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by KotKotofeich View Post
    My club - EOSC - has quite a few members from Quebec. Some drive down from Montreal.

Also, there was a recent court case where the QC CFO was forced to recognize a membership at a US range as reasonable. Apparently it's a thing closer to Quebec city.

So, yes, you can definitely join a club in a different province/state. Bonus: you get to not worry about the loi 9 exam.
    This club looks really nice! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    ’This is not required for a transfer.

Shawn
    It is in Quebec. Bill 9 makes mandatory that you have to be a member of a club and shoot once per year per restricted.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast