Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remington 783 .223 16.5 inch barrel?

Now i got something else i want

CGN Regular
    Great, now I have competition trying to get my hands on one of these. Shoulda kept my trap shut. Lol. Well at least it looks like it will be $500 well spent when I get one.
    CCFR

Are the mags compatable with regular 783?

Any of you guys getting misfires with the 223 model? I bought one of these a few months ago and it misfires with bulk ammo (AR223, XM193, MFS). Commercial hunting ammo shoots fine though. It’s been back for warranty twice and its still not working right.

C.308, just curious - have you checked out the Ruger American Ranch? It’s very similar to the 783 HB, although is a little more money. I found a few dealers with them in stock for $600ish + tax (rotary mag version). I too was recently looking for a 223 and narrowed it down to these two models. I ordered an American Ranch from irunguns because I wanted the model that takes AR mags. Haven’t received it yet, so can’t comment on how it shoots.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrward View Post
    Any of you guys getting misfires with the 223 model? I bought one of these a few months ago and it misfires with bulk ammo (AR223, XM193, MFS). Commercial hunting ammo shoots fine though. It’s been back for warranty twice and its still not working right.
    I had some issues with mine and bulk federal. It just wouldn't ignite the.primer. I kept feeding it handloads and recently been feeding it bernaul, PMC, etc without issue. Maybe it just had to get worn in. The PMC bronze shoots incredibly. As good as the handloads. Clovers at 100. Great gun. Feels great in the MDT LSS chassis.

I looked into it at one point and I think Jerry from mystic precision suggested changing the firing pin spring if you have light strikes. Maybe try digging that thread up.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gap599 View Post
    C.308, just curious - have you checked out the Ruger American Ranch? It’s very similar to the 783 HB, although is a little more money. I found a few dealers with them in stock for $600ish + tax (rotary mag version). I too was recently looking for a 223 and narrowed it down to these two models. I ordered an American Ranch from irunguns because I wanted the model that takes AR mags. Haven’t received it yet, so can’t comment on how it shoots.
    Thanks for the tip on the ruger. I had seriously considered it. I used to own an American in .308. It was nice but the reputation of the 783 and the price have me set on the remington. I dig the oversized bolt handle as well and the metal mags are getting good feedback. I think there is an american .223 that takes stanag mags which is cool. I'd consider one if it was on the used market. I just feel the american new is a bit too much money for what they are. Almost entering 700 territory cash wise.
    CCFR

I have also owned the Ruger American Ranch in .223 and I prefer the 783's trigger and magazine.
    Last edited by pjnorth; 11-03-2019 at 10:30 AM.

Super GunNutz
    Local CT has a 6.5 for $969... lol

any chance to just make it a 500 dollar rifle to save the shipping?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast