Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remington 783 .223 16.5 inch barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by C.308 View Post
    Thanks for the tip on the ruger. I had seriously considered it. I used to own an American in .308. It was nice but the reputation of the 783 and the price have me set on the remington. I dig the oversized bolt handle as well and the metal mags are getting good feedback. I think there is an american .223 that takes stanag mags which is cool. I'd consider one if it was on the used market. I just feel the american new is a bit too much money for what they are. Almost entering 700 territory cash wise.

Yeah, it’s a tough choice - I debated back and forth between the two for quite a while before I made a decision. They both seem like good rifles, I’m sure you can’t go wrong with either. Does the Remington come with a written lifetime warranty? I bought a Remington V3 shotgun a while ago and had some issues with it, Remington/Gravel Agencies took care of it no questions asked. I was really impressed with the way it was handled - makes me want to buy more Remington stuff in the future. Not sure what the Ruger warranty dept is like - hopefully I don’t have to find out!

CGN Regular
    I've got one in .223. love it. ditched the factory stock for an MDT LSS gen 2, polymer mag, and MDT but stock (I didn't go with the folding stock adapter but they do offer one). I have never had any misfires or malfunctions of any kind. with ammunition it likes i can easily keep 5 rounds under an inch at 100 meters. I like it so much I bought another one in 6.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Point View Post
    I've got one in .223. love it. ditched the factory stock for an MDT LSS gen 2, polymer mag, and MDT but stock (I didn't go with the folding stock adapter but they do offer one). I have never had any misfires or malfunctions of any kind. with ammunition it likes i can easily keep 5 rounds under an inch at 100 meters. I like it so much I bought another one in 6.5.

How does the 6.5 version shoot?

783 is a beauty. Got an MDT LSS gen 1 last Oct for $200 bucks. Great setup

CGN Regular
    My 783 came last night. I missed the mailman and got the tag on the door but a couple hours later I got an email saying was ready for pickup. Super excited to add this one to the collection.

It is perfect. Exactly what I wanted out of a .223. After the initial disassembly and cleaning I'm very impressed with its design. This one will be a keeper.

Thanks Dante!!

Now time to plan how to turn this $500 rifle into a $1500 rifle I can't afford lol.
    CCFR

my 308 short showed up, im putting it in an Oryx chassis with a fixed 10x. should be fun to shoot

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RedApe View Post
    my 308 short showed up, im putting it in an Oryx chassis with a fixed 10x. should be fun to shoot
    I'm giving the Oryx chassis some serious consideration. I only recently found out about it. Please post a pic of like to see how it looks with the short barrel.
    CCFR

I'm giving the Oryx chassis some serious consideration. I only recently found out about it. Please post a pic of like to see how it looks with the short barrel.
    Will do when it shows up.

My 783 came last night. I missed the mailman and got the tag on the door but a couple hours later I got an email saying was ready for pickup. Super excited to add this one to the collection.

It is perfect. Exactly what I wanted out of a .223. After the initial disassembly and cleaning I'm very impressed with its design. This one will be a keeper.

Thanks Dante!!

Now time to plan how to turn this $500 rifle into a $1500 rifle I can't afford lol.
    Any pics to share?

CGN Regular
    Latulippe out of Quebec had some for $459, sometimes they have a 15% sale as well. I like my 783 a lot. I never have had one misfire or ftf.
    I've always used handloads, however.
    Rifle seems to like Hornady 2278 68gr. match bullets over 23.4gr of Varget @ COAL of 2.260".
    Most AR rounds have a harder primer, so I'm told, and will not work in some bolt actions.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast