Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Elwoord Epps

Sounds like it ended well. I recently had a very similar situation with another prominent vendor on this site. Ordered 6 boxes of bullets at one price, cc charged. Got an email the next day saying no stock. I cancel the order frustrated. Look online, it shows 5 in stock now. Email back, I want the 5, but doesn’t qualify for free shipping now. They email the next day saying no free ship. Go to order the 5 but now price is 25% higher and 8 in stock?? I email back, Email says “price and availability subject to change”. I’m pissed now...
    In the end, I got the 8 for original price, but I had to fight for it. I was looking at a $700 rangefinder they had in stock too, but decided to give my money to another vendor.
    Good customer service, even through email, goes a long way.
    I’m sure most of us send our money to the dealers who treat us good. The playing field is pretty even otherwise as far as price goes.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by yomomma View Post
    I recently went there...second time in like 30 years. Had to stand in line for ammo. Waiting till the cows come home while counter staff shoot the #### with people they know. Waiting half an hour to get a box of mil spec 5.56 is ridiculous. Maybe I'll try again in another 30 years.
    This has described every one of my multiple experiences there.

CGN frequent flyer
    Never had a problem with my purchases at Epps. I'd recommend them.

Been to the store three times. Three times I left disappointed in the staff and bought nothing. My online transactions have been ok though. Nowadays when I drive by on number 11, I just drive right on by without a thought on stopping there. I do stop at Webbers though.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I have dealt with Epps for a number of rifles with no issues. Great service and even went to see them one time...

CGN Regular
    I have dealt with Epps over the years and it has always been a positive experience.
    Short and fat hard to get at, hit like a hammer and never been hit back.

Hi neighbour.

Elwood Epps has always done right by me. Had a pricing issue with some 44-40 I was buying. Called, confirmed availability, I said I'll drop in in tow days to pick it up, I was driving by.
    Got there, ammo not to be found. Crap. Sorry. Three weeks later they called and said they had more stock, price was x% higher, forget the number. "But since you were here and we messed it up, how about -x% off the first price we gave you?". sold. Didn't even pay for shipping.
    Don't piss into the wind

Happy on the farm, plan on leaving feet first.
    Quote Originally Posted by rottenfuher View Post
    I have dealt with Epps over the years and it has always been a positive experience.
    Same, have found descriptions of firearms accurate.
    If diversity is our strength stop telling me to conform.

Bought a rifle from them 3 days later and it’s at my door

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TreMoR's Avatar
    hit and miss
    « When injustice becomes law, resistance is a duty » - « Quand l'injustice devient loi, la résistance est un devoir » by : Thomas Jefferson.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast