Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Elwoord Epps

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ganderite's Avatar

Elwoord Epps

A shooting buddy told me about a good deal Epps had on primers. So I phoned them to confirm the price and availability.

Next day i dove there intending to buy 20,000 primers, but the price was $15/1000 higher than I had been quoted.

The clerk was very helpful in trying to figure out what had happened. According to him the price I was quoted was impossible and primers had never been sold at that price.

I contacted my buddy, who emailed me a copy of his sales slip, showing the good price.

I shared this with Epps and then called them.

Apparently there was a price hike the day after I called.

Epps has agreed to refund the $45 extra I paid for the 5000 I bought and have agreed to sell me 10,000 more at the original price.

I commend the helpful and business-like way this was handled.

Over the years I have bought a number of used guns from Epps, based on the web description. Prices have been good and condition as described.

I remain a satisfied customer. Maybe more so, now.
    -- Learn by the experience of others.... you won't live long enough to make all the mistakes yourself.
    -- The fool mistakes his world for the world.
    -- Doubt is uncomfortable but certainty is ridiculous.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Winchester-1897's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing Ganderite………..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sakoman .308's Avatar
    It sounds like they really came around for you!

CGN Regular
    I had a great run-in with them last week as well. Ordered all of the 6.5 140gr Partitions they had left only to find out they could locate a single box. Barb from their shipping department sorted things out for me. Definitely went above and beyond on the customer service.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    You're lucky. Not everyone has that kind of service from Epps. There was a poor guy who received an airsoft red dot when he bought from Epps.

I have bought maybe ten guns from them and yet I have never been to their store. Once I got a beretta pistol that was a different model then I ordered and they took it back no questions asked. Never had a problem .

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    You're lucky. Not everyone has that kind of service from Epps. There was a poor guy who received an airsoft red dot when he bought from Epps.

This is not exclusive to Epps. There was a big red dot scam for years that might still be going. Guys buying originals and sending back fake copy’s but by the time it was figured out lots of fakes went back into inventory and were resold unknowing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer yomomma's Avatar
    I recently went there...second time in like 30 years. Had to stand in line for ammo. Waiting till the cows come home while counter staff shoot the #### with people they know. Waiting half an hour to get a box of mil spec 5.56 is ridiculous. Maybe I'll try again in another 30 years.
    https://youtube.com/c/YomommasWildlands

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Epps is a fine dealer.
    Yep, fixed wing is great but rotary wing is ... GREAT. Life is good. JP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer VICIOUS's Avatar
    Not all the counter staff are perfect. Most times it all works out, just have to move to another clerk if the one in your face is not working out for you. Busy store so there must be something happening. They had to adjust various policies over the years cause not all customers are good honest nice stand up people.
    Will I go back ? Of course. Good prices, fair treatment, and they have stuff in store and in stock, not just well we can order it at the new higher price.
    if your mileage varies well move along so I can get to the front of the line.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast