Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: GSG-16 Clarification of NR Status

CGN Ultra frequent flyer phillyblt's Avatar
    I knew there was something fishy... IRG What do you have to say to their response? I'm sure everyone would like to hear it.
    Don't miss... I won't...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer btabin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyblt View Post
    I knew there was something fishy... IRG What do you have to say to their response? I'm sure everyone would like to hear it.
    Interested as well. Sounds to me like there was some miscommunication all around, which resulted in one party attributing malicious intent to the other.

CGN Regular
    Can we get blame for over-reacting ? i think not,just look at the first post of BL when the rifle went NR,they act like victim and beging to use the word of Grey market to identified IRG.

IRG. I read your OP Immediately after you posted it. Now I've just read BL's response. You look kind of foolish (maybe?). How do you respond? What are we all missing here? You started it! Lol
    If you meet more than one azzhole per day...chances are you're the azzhole....

CGN frequent flyer Overlander2018's Avatar
    Long story short the ATI GSG16 was a prohib, BL got a call from the RCMP asking why they were importing prohib rifles, BL shows the RCMP the FRT they worked to get approved and then the RCMP reclassifies the ATI version to NR. Seems like BL saved IRG from a lot of trouble.

The adult thing to do would have been for IRG to give BL a call to clarify the situation before starting this thread.
    "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading."

Quote Originally Posted by Overlander2018 View Post
    Long story short the ATI GSG16 was a prohib, BL got a call from the RCMP asking why they were importing prohib rifles, BL shows the RCMP the FRT they worked to get approved and then the RCMP reclassifies the ATI version to NR. Seems like BL saved IRG from a lot of trouble.
    This is the TL;DR for the less than 24 hours this was a problem.

IRG would be in a mountain of trouble if they didn't have the ATI version reclassified.

Quote Originally Posted by btabin View Post
    Well you got me, it's on the Internet so it must be true... I mean, shame on me for thinking someone might possibly tell lies or have a different recollection of events...

I'm just asking for proof of what he's claiming is all. If the recording is as he claims, then that's pretty much a nail in the coffin. Forgive me for not wanting to take someone's word over actual indisputable proof.
    Hey man call BLS yourself if your so keen on evidence.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

Wonder how a bunch of prohib rifles slipped by CBSA when they were imported?
    CSSA and CCFR member

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post
    They can import prohib all they want as a business. Its the sale to non-prohib licensed people that is the problem.

CGN frequent flyer Overlander2018's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post
    Could have easily with the GSG/GSG being NR and the ATI/GSG being prohib, it's a bit confusing. IRG was probably under the impression their rifle would fall under the new FRT when in fact the ATI/GSG was still a prohib.
    "Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading."