CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910

Thread: Please chime in.

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/...ction-184.html

Section 182(2) sets out a number of exceptions to the general rule that it is unlawful to intercept private communications. The most important exception for the purposes of this article is the exception that applies when one of the parties to the communication consents to interception i.e. s. 184(2)(a):

184(2) Subsection (1) [i.e. the section prohibiting interception of private communications] does not apply to:
    (a) a person who has the consent to intercept, express or implied, of the originator of the private communication or of the person intended by the originator thereof to receive it;
    (b) [an interception done under the authorization of a warrant];
    (c) [an interception by a telecommunications company providing services to the public who intercepts for the purpose of monitoring the quality of service];
    (d) [an interception by a government agent monitoring the airwaves for illegal use of particular radio frequencies]; or
    (e) [an interception by persons managing the quality of certain computer services to ensure that those computer services are not used illegally].

I have no dog in this fight, just listing the actual criminal code section.

Battle Beaver
    ** Member CSSA, NSSF and NRA ** Why aren't you?
    http://www.youtube.com/battlebeaver

CGN Regular
    As the originator or the person intended to receive the communication, I have my own consent to record the conversation.

Can we stop with this already?

There is no debate around the legality of recording your own phone calls. Its legal and thats that.

Youza.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Rouser View Post
    In Canada, organizations subject to the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) must comply with PIPEDA when recording calls.

In order to comply with the PIPEDA, organizations should take the following steps when recording conversations:

The individual must be informed that the conversation is being recorded at the beginning of the call. This can be done by an automated recording or by the customer service representative.
    The individual must be advised of the purposes. The organization must be clear about the purposes; an organization should not state that it is recording the conversation for quality assurance purposes if, in fact, the recording will be used for other purposes. Informing the individual of the purposes can be done in a variety of ways—verbally, by pressing a number on the keypad (in the case of automated messages) or with clear messages on monthly statements. (For example: If you have any questions about your bill please call 1-800-###-XXXX. Please note your call will be recorded for...) If the individual proceeds knowing the conversation is being recorded and the purpose of the recording, consent is implied.
    If the caller objects to the recording, the organization should provide the caller with meaningful alternatives. The alternatives might involve not taping the call; visiting a retail outlet; writing a letter; or, conducting the transaction over the Internet.

Dude you are going to get yourself in legal trouble.
    Lol.

Recording calls longer than 4:13 is prohibited.

Quote Originally Posted by Chumlee Bumsnag View Post
    Prick puffs
    Knob goblins

Quote Originally Posted by Over_Kill View Post
    https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/...ction-184.html

Section 182(2) sets out a number of exceptions to the general rule that it is unlawful to intercept private communications. The most important exception for the purposes of this article is the exception that applies when one of the parties to the communication consents to interception i.e. s. 184(2)(a):

184(2) Subsection (1) [i.e. the section prohibiting interception of private communications] does not apply to:
    (a) a person who has the consent to intercept, express or implied, of the originator of the private communication or of the person intended by the originator thereof to receive it;
    (b) [an interception done under the authorization of a warrant];
    (c) [an interception by a telecommunications company providing services to the public who intercepts for the purpose of monitoring the quality of service];
    (d) [an interception by a government agent monitoring the airwaves for illegal use of particular radio frequencies]; or
    (e) [an interception by persons managing the quality of certain computer services to ensure that those computer services are not used illegally].

I have no dog in this fight, just listing the actual criminal code section.

Battle Beaver
    Lol. Yup. You can record your own phone calls.
    CSSA and CCFR member

Administrator
    Locked. The issue is over and explained in another thread.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910