Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To all of our great customers and dealers alike:

The US State Dept or the DDTC has actually opened more doors for Canadians. Where before they were considered international transactions and alot of people did not want to get involved. Now that everything is considered domestic and a straight FFL transfer it has become easier for the end user. Our side is a little more complex but if everyone follows the rules and thoroughly reads the information we provide you the process should be streamlined.

I hope this answers your questions.

The US IRUNGUNS Team

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmow View Post
    Brownells.
    But what I'm asking is can I now buy from anyseller.us, who would have otherwise declined my business, and ask that they not worry about exporting without a license and instead just ship to IRG. IRG will receive the item and export it.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

CGN frequent flyer Diamondback Six's Avatar
    Seattle, WA, USA--a neighbor to the South
    I'm gonna throw a curveball... have things gotten any easier going the other way (CA->US)? For example, I'm not sure if clamp-on accessory rails (not a handguard, just a piece that screws together around the barrel) are considered "prohibited-for-import primary components" or if they're import-eligible, but a friend up on your side of the border has offered me a surplus Tri-Ad rail he no longer needs--should I fire somebody in the office off a note with a more detailed inquiry and reference data, or just politely decline, limp by on the cheap knockoff I'm presently using and hope a US manufacturer sees fit to do another run?
    Member NRA, SAF, FPC - WA State CPL
    I am a professional historian - when I draw comparisons between the actions of current and past governments, you can bet it is with great deliberation.

Wait. Does this mean the ITAR Exemption is gone? I used Irunguns and I love their t shirt. But does that mean i have to go thru Irunguns to buy a cleaning rod or a small random part?

Itar exemption and this is 2 different things. As long as the place you buy from is registered. You can still buy from them directly.

Brownells, e sarco etc. These people csn still export them and you csn still utilize the $500 exemption.

The rule changed here is that if the purchaser wants to do a third party export, they can still do so, but will have to be pay with a US payment originate from within the US.
    Save Hong Kong!

Quote Originally Posted by GoodDoomguy View Post
    I just did a transaction on GunBroker through IRG.
    It's done exactly like the way IRG wrote above.
    Great service I have to say. The guys and girls answering the phone are also extremely patient answering and explaining to me the new processes. Now patiently waiting for my new purchase.
    Same here, first experience with IRG importation. IRG did a lot to help me get my newest order all set up and finalized dealing with the Rock Island Auction. It's a little bit expensive with extra shipping and taxes on top of the import charge and now wire transfer charge, but it's an awesome way to get rare/hard to find stuff. Mine should be on the next import. I'd do it again if we are still allowed to have guns next year....

CGN frequent flyer Moparman1303's Avatar
    ����

We move very quickly in issuing funds once we receive them. Please remember one of the most important things is to reference your Import Order number when wiring the funds to us. We have set up a separate account just for this purpose but when you receive as many transactions as we do if you do not reference that number there will most likely be a delay until we can figure out what funds are yours.

The seller has 3 options for payment,

1. We will wire the funds
    2. Send a check
    3. Credit card

E.G. of delays...

You have your girlfriend oops I mean life partner wire the money for you... Their name is on the wire not yours.
    Your mother wires the funds... go ahead laugh but it has happened.
    You wire funds for multiple firearms with no reference???

And worst one of all, your life partner wires funds for multiple firearms with no reference.

Please read everything we send you. It makes for a really easy process.

The IRUNGUNS Team

Quote Originally Posted by sky52 View Post
    ahh.. before you literally pay the seller directly. This may cause some headaches as some seller on GB have a time limit on payment, if no payment were made within xx hours its consider abandon, OR in some instances where you can purchase right away on a rare ish firearms that has very limited availability.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Your best option there would be to contact Amber at 928-505-6794. She deals directly with the ATF and all imports into the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback Six View Post
    I'm gonna throw a curveball... have things gotten any easier going the other way (CA->US)? For example, I'm not sure if clamp-on accessory rails (not a handguard, just a piece that screws together around the barrel) are considered "prohibited-for-import primary components" or if they're import-eligible, but a friend up on your side of the border has offered me a surplus Tri-Ad rail he no longer needs--should I fire somebody in the office off a note with a more detailed inquiry and reference data, or just politely decline, limp by on the cheap knockoff I'm presently using and hope a US manufacturer sees fit to do another run?

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

No, just anything that is regulated under the USML. You can google USML, the first 3 categories reference pretty well everything you can have exported to Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Red_Rabbit View Post
    Wait. Does this mean the ITAR Exemption is gone? I used Irunguns and I love their t shirt. But does that mean i have to go thru Irunguns to buy a cleaning rod or a small random part?

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

You can source your purchase but do not pay for it. If you send funds into the US and pay the seller directly for anything regulated by the USML it will most likely never leave the US under the new Export Regulations. The process is easy, just make sure you read everything we send you.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmow View Post
    Does this mean that if a US seller does not ship to Canada, we can still purchase from them and have them ship to IRG's US office? Then IRG will export it to Canada?

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast