Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To all of our great customers and dealers alike:

To all of our great customers and dealers alike:

To all of our great customers and dealers alike:

There have been several changes over the last few months regarding Export Reform within the US State Department. We have done our best to keep you in the loop as these changes happen.
    We were fortunate enough to conference the Department of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) yesterday, contrary to what you may think, the licensing officers we spoke to are firearm enthusiasts just like you and I. Proof of that is they were kind enough to spend over 1 hour on the phone, discussing changes in policy, guidance and how these changes will affect the Canadian Market.

The US State Dept. has now prohibited Foreign End-Users which include Foreign Companies (non US Entities) from purchasing USML regulated items directly from the US. This includes ALL private and commercial transactions.
    USML regulated items are everything from magazines, stocks, barrels to complete firearms.

Please see categories 1,2,3 at this link https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-id...13.58&rgn=div5

Shotguns with a barrel length 18” or greater and most optics are not affected by these changes as they are regulated by the Dept. of Commerce.

Moving forward, the only way you can purchase USML regulated defense articles from the US is to use the service of a broker or exporter. DO NOT pay the seller directly, all transactions including payment MUST go through a DDTC registered broker or exporter.

Failure to do so will result in an indefinite delay in getting your purchase exported out of the country.

To ensure a timely and problem free export:

1. Please provide us with the seller’s invoice showing the full amount including shipping made out to IRUNGUNS LLC, otherwise we can also provide a bill of sale to forward to the seller. The invoice must be made out to us so that we can purchase the product from the U.S. seller on your behalf.

2. Go to https://www.irunguns.ca/category.php...mport_/_Export and fill out our import form. Ensure the information you provide to us is accurate and complete before you complete the import form.

3. Once you have sent us the seller’s invoice or bill of sale, made out to us, you will then wire us the funds so that we can pay the seller. We will provide you with the wire transfer details once you provide us with the bill of sale. It’s important to note that when you wire funds please reference your IO number (IRUNGUNS Import Order #), otherwise it becomes very problematic in allocating payment.

4. If you are looking at a custom build, ensure the manufacturer is currently registered with the DDTC, otherwise the transaction will not come together. It is mandatory that all manufacturers are to be registered with the ATF and DDTC.

5. Please read everything we send you, failure to do so will ultimately cause delays.

Should you have any questions please email admin@irunguns.ca This email address will be constantly monitored to help you with the changes in export reform.

Thank you for the great year and we are looking forward to putting more guns in the hands of the people.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

How is this going to work with gunbroker? Or it aint and thats dead.
    Save Hong Kong!

I just did a transaction on GunBroker through IRG.
    It's done exactly like the way IRG wrote above.
    Great service I have to say. The guys and girls answering the phone are also extremely patient answering and explaining to me the new processes. Now patiently waiting for my new purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by sky52 View Post
    How is this going to work with gunbroker? Or it aint and thats dead.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer phillyblt's Avatar
    Wow good on you guys for offering this service.
    Don't miss... I won't...

Quote Originally Posted by GoodDoomguy View Post
    I just did a transaction on GunBroker through IRG.
    It's done exactly like the way IRG wrote above.
    Great service I have to say. The guys and girls answering the phone are also extremely patient answering and explaining to me the new processes. Now patiently waiting for my new purchase.
    ahh.. before you literally pay the seller directly. This may cause some headaches as some seller on GB have a time limit on payment, if no payment were made within xx hours its consider abandon, OR in some instances where you can purchase right away on a rare ish firearms that has very limited availability.
    Save Hong Kong!

Does this mean that if a US seller does not ship to Canada, we can still purchase from them and have them ship to IRG's US office? Then IRG will export it to Canada?
    Pick up the receiver... I'll make you a believer.

Quote Originally Posted by sky52 View Post
    ahh.. before you literally pay the seller directly. This may cause some headaches as some seller on GB have a time limit on payment, if no payment were made within xx hours its consider abandon, OR in some instances where you can purchase right away on a rare ish firearms that has very limited availability.
    I actually made quite a few phone calls to IRG because of this.
    The seller stated a 7 day period for payment received from auction close date. But every procedure seem to have a 24 hour processing time:

Wrote an email regarding paperwork after I won the auction - got reply the next day.
    Submitted the import forms - reply the next day with bill of sale.
    Filled and sent the bill of sale - got the wiring instruction the next day.
    Wired the money and called - told may take 24 hours before money is received.
    Seller contacted me the 4th day, telling me IRG had just contacted them and they're ready to pay seller.

I know IRG probably get a ton of phone calls or emails everyday.
    But when a seller gave you a number of days to pay it really make you want to speed things up.
    But I still find this method faster than for me to send a US money order by Canada Post expedited down the States to the sellers like the 5 or 6 previous transactions I had with GunBroker sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmow View Post
    Does this mean that if a US seller does not ship to Canada, we can still purchase from them and have them ship to IRG's US office? Then IRG will export it to Canada?
    Can you name one US seller who is allowed to ship to Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by GoodDoomguy View Post
    Can you name one US seller who is allowed to ship to Canada?
    Brownells.
    But what I'm asking is can I now buy from anyseller.us, who would have otherwise declined my business, and ask that they not worry about exporting without a license and instead just ship to IRG. IRG will receive the item and export it.
    Pick up the receiver... I'll make you a believer.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmow View Post
    Brownells.
    But what I'm asking is can I now buy from anyseller.us, who would have otherwise declined my business, and ask that they not worry about exporting without a license and instead just ship to IRG. IRG will receive the item and export it.
    That’s what I’m worried about. I want some expensive night vision mounts, but I don’t want them stuck over there.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast