Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Gsg-16 legal status - public announcement

Meh.

Whoever brings in the best version of a product with the best price and warranty gets my business. I could care less who gets butthurt in the process.
    Expect competition to be brutal when you're dealing with expensive products and a relatively small market.

That said, I'm still buying off BL. Mainly because of ease of warranty and the trigger extra is a bonus too.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnage View Post
    Meh.

Whoever brings in the best version of a product with the best price and warranty gets my business. I could care less who gets butthurt in the process.
    Expect competition to be brutal when you're dealing with expensive products and a relatively small market.

That said, I'm still buying off BL. Mainly because of ease of warranty and the trigger extra is a bonus too.
    It’s not about that though . It’s about a dealer possibly trying to get another dealers inventory banned or whatever . It’s bad for everyone , kinda like the Swiss rifles . Not saying this is the case here but a possibility without knowing who said what and when

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnage View Post
    and warranty gets my business.
    Good luck with that ...

CGN Regular
    I’m gone a few days and this is what happened?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer squidxm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordmam View Post
    I’m gone a few days and this is what happened?
    Dude, this all happened because you were gone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer phillyblt's Avatar
    I support my Canadian peeps always have always will. All this was fun. but now it's getting boring. I'm tuning out. Gonna go enjoy my Canadian brought GSG. Thanks Blue Line you rock!!!!
    Don't miss... I won't...

Quote Originally Posted by Kombatnt View Post
    From the evidence so far, it looks like it wasn't so much a matter of someone trying to GET a gun prohibited, as it was noticing a competitor selling a gun that's STILL prohibited.
    Just because there were two FRT entries does NOT mean the ATI version was prohibited when IRG imported it... In fact all the evidence says the opposite of what you are saying.

Since IRG beat Blue Line to the punch announcing the GSG-16 status as NR, that fact alone is proof that IRG also had inside information as to the RCMP ruling the GSG-16 was being allowed into Canada. At this point a new FRT entry was created but BOTH vendors were clearly involved with the process that led to the creation of this new entry.

This whole crap that the newest FRT entry is the sole property of Blue Line, and the old entry being the one representing the IRG guns is TOTALLY FALSE. IRG was obviously in the loop on the RCMP lab decision. Hell, the IRG version was allowed into Canada. You think that shipment of guns was never inspected by Customs? lol

Clearly there was a clerical issue as far as the duplicate FRT entries. Sure. But that doesn't detract from the allegations that one vendor tried to abuse a simple clerical issue to #### over a competitor...

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wal-Mart Greeter View Post
    Just because there were two FRT entries does NOT mean the ATI version was prohibited when IRG imported it... In fact all the evidence says the opposite of what you are saying.

Since IRG beat Blue Line to the punch announcing the GSG-16 status as NR, that fact alone is proof that IRG also had inside information as to the RCMP ruling the GSG-16 was being allowed into Canada. At this point a new FRT entry was created but BOTH vendors were clearly involved with the process that led to the creation of this new entry.

This whole crap that the newest FRT entry is the sole property of Blue Line, and the old entry being the one representing the IRG guns is TOTALLY FALSE. IRG was obviously in the loop on the RCMP lab decision. Hell, the IRG version was allowed into Canada. You think that shipment of guns was never inspected by Customs? lol

Clearly there was a clerical issue as far as the duplicate FRT entries. Sure. But that doesn't detract from the allegations that one vendor tried to abuse a simple clerical issue to #### over a competitor...
    Like you im sure BL liked the opportunity of sticking it to IRG. But there is more to it then that. If you are an importer of a rifle, and you know another company is importing the same rifle under a different FRT which shows a prohib status, you actually have a responsability to clarify the situation and inquire as to what is going on, as it might have ramifications for your own FRT since its for all intended purposes the same gun

Although if this is what happened and given the tone of BL both since the beginning and during my call with them, the call they wouldve made to the RCMP wouldve been probably more along the lines of "hey i noticed this company is selling a gun that is prohibited, they are breaking the law" rather than "hi there, we noticed a discrepency between the FRT database and the NR classification, you might want to make sure your FRT databse is up to date". As im sure BL wasn't taking screenshots and activaly searching FRTs to help out IRG...

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Youzawhale View Post
    Like you im sure BL liked the opportunity of sticking it to IRG. But there is more to it then that. If you are an importer of a rifle, and you know another company is importing the same rifle under a different FRT which shows a prohib status, you actually have a responsability to clarify the situation and inquire as to what is going on, as it might have ramifications for your own FRT since its for all intended purposes the same gun

Although if this is what happened and given the tone of BL both since the beginning and during my call with them, the call they wouldve made to the RCMP wouldve been probably more along the lines of "hey i noticed this company is selling a gun that is prohibited, they are breaking the law" rather than "hi there, we noticed a discrepency between the FRT database and the NR classification, you might want to make sure your FRT databse is up to date". As im sure BL wasn't taking screenshots and activaly searching FRTs to help out IRG...
    I disagree with you on this . If ur importing firearms and your frt is good cool . If the other guy is importing the same firearm but his frt is no good , your not the police and it’s not your job . If the police do their job that person should have to answer for it but it’s still not your concern .

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrsplit View Post
    I disagree with you on this . If ur importing firearms and your frt is good cool . If the other guy is importing the same firearm but his frt is no good , your not the police and it’s not your job . If the police do their job that person should have to answer for it but it’s still not your concern .
    If it were two different guns, I'd completely agree with you.
    But this is the same gun, approved at the same time by the lab, if you're importing it and you know or find out the exact same gun is prohibited under a second FRT, you're gonna maybe want to doublecheck with the lab. Or at least I would understand someone wanting to, given the possible huge headache and issues that could arise. I mean imagine for a second that the clerical error had been reverse, and that it was the prohib FRT that was good and the NR FRT that was the error. you'd want to know before you're shipping out the guns, because even though its the error of the police, the problem would innevitably land on your shoulders at some point.

To be perfectly honest, if It had been me, I would've called the other competing business first instead of the police. But egos stand in the way of a lot of people.

Youza.
    Last edited by Youzawhale; 10-12-2019 at 10:26 AM.