Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516

Thread: Gsg-16 legal status - public announcement

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnCollector420 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this not mean that we, as Canadian gun buyers, ultimately end up with more options of dealers to buy this gun from? Rather than pointing fingers and assigning blame(which we shouldn't really be doing as we weren't invovled with the process), shouldn't we be happy that we have more options, which should in turn, mean more competitive pricing?
    sound good to me. lower price for essentially the same gun (adjustable trigger notwithstanding, what ever that is?).

Could someone provide a printable FRT report? The screenshots are great but I was hoping for a more compact B/W version that I could pack when taking it into the bush.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by l473x View Post
    Could someone provide a printable FRT report? The screenshots are great but I was hoping for a more compact B/W version that I could pack when taking it into the bush.
    What prevents you from printing the screenshots?

Youza.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Let's face it. Canadians are getting ripped off left and right. I fill a cart of food in Canada, cost me $200, same food with even better quality is less than $100 in Europe (almost anywhere, even the deepest black forest town). A cell phone plan with 5 G and unli whatever cost less than $20 in Europe (even pay as you go), in Canada, oh well you know. Consumers in Europe can buy their car anywhere and still are protected by warranty. I buy a schnitzel in a supermarket in Canada, $10, across the border, same schnitzel (from Canada) is less than $5. We are so ####ed, look at the minimum wages, how come that 50 % of people in Canada are one paycheck away from being bankrupt? No consumer laws, all goes to companies like BL telling us that we don't have warranty on our guns imported from the US. You think they pay more than their US counterpart? Think again.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonGTA View Post
    Have you not noticed how every single firearms forum turns into a toxic ####storm, CGN is probably the worst for it. Bunch of boomers with nothing better to do than to argue online over the stupidest crap
    BL just needs to write "OK boomers" and lock the thread.

All these dumb laws and I still see news articles where kids get caught with baby Glock 43s all the time. Let us have the Mossberg blaze .22 in a standard 10/22 style, but the same gun with some ak47 style furniture is prohibited. Speaking of 10/22s and the moronic restrictions from the rcmp, what deep-thinker allowed a few Ruger Charger pistols to ban 10/22 hi-caps? Millions of them are out there, making farmers who didn't hear about it criminals over night. Thugs still shoot each other with hi cap mags in Tec-9s from Windsor to Victoria and Toronto has become a third world war zone.
    Once your ad sells, edit prefix from WTS to Pls Remove and change the title to SOLD by clicking go advanced. I'm tired of clicking on ten ads a day, only to see the word sold where the price was.
    -.45automatic

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by scianna54 View Post
    Let's face it. Canadians are getting ripped off left and right. I fill a cart of food in Canada, cost me $200, same food with even better quality is less than $100 in Europe (almost anywhere, even the deepest black forest town). A cell phone plan with 5 G and unli whatever cost less than $20 in Europe (even pay as you go), in Canada, oh well you know. Consumers in Europe can buy their car anywhere and still are protected by warranty. I buy a schnitzel in a supermarket in Canada, $10, across the border, same schnitzel (from Canada) is less than $5. We are so ####ed, look at the minimum wages, how come that 50 % of people in Canada are one paycheck away from being bankrupt? No consumer laws, all goes to companies like BL telling us that we don't have warranty on our guns imported from the US. You think they pay more than their US counterpart? Think again.
    Think about population (tax base) size vs. services provided vs. land mass.
    Different tax systems, internally as well as externally (tariffs/duties).
    Can you imaging having Canada's population in a country one third the size of BC? Welcome to Poland. Probably cheaper schnitzel there, given amortisation of trucking rates, etc. Running, and maintaining, a cell network in Poland is probably going to be cheaper than stringing a single line of towers to Prince George, never mind Fort Nelson.

On your last comment, personal/business experience tells me that yes, Blue Line pays a different rate than their US counterpart. Again, tax systems, and throw in economies of scale. Never mind border shenanigans, and the associated cost of wait times and storage/brokerage fees. On this particular firearm, throw in the time and money spent researching and submitting for the FRT. Also trying to make up for trying and being denied for previous FRT designations, or hoping to put some money aside for future submissions.
    Personal example: I purchased a scroll compressor for my heat pump out of the US for less than my buddy, a distributor for the brand, could wholesale it to me in Canada.

I find it odd that people up here either A: See this as a grand conspiracy between retailers, or B: Think pricing should be the same in completely different countries. If either was true, why wouldn't a Canadian firearms retailer drop their prices to the lowest on the planet, and blow the competition away?
    CSSA CCFR

Pretty much guarantee the importer in the US got a better deal than BL. Who would you give a better deal to, a guy with a 2000 pc order, or one with a 20,000pc order. And buying them out of Europe is in Euros, which we are at a disadvantage on as well. And likely a 5 container shipment to the eastern US vs a 1 container shipment to Halifax, or Vancouver, will get a bit better rate, with us again at a disadvantage on the dollar. And cross country freight rates in the US are cheaper than in Canada as well, may be free freight for IRG to their US store. Just those factors alone will bear on the price. BL is stuck with what they have to pay, stuck in more ways than one.
    You should become a member
    CCFR
    CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by smelly pete View Post
    Think about population (tax base) size vs. services provided vs. land mass.
    Different tax systems, internally as well as externally (tariffs/duties).
    Can you imaging having Canada's population in a country one third the size of BC? Welcome to Poland. Probably cheaper schnitzel there, given amortisation of trucking rates, etc. Running, and maintaining, a cell network in Poland is probably going to be cheaper than stringing a single line of towers to Prince George, never mind Fort Nelson.

On your last comment, personal/business experience tells me that yes, Blue Line pays a different rate than their US counterpart. Again, tax systems, and throw in economies of scale. Never mind border shenanigans, and the associated cost of wait times and storage/brokerage fees. On this particular firearm, throw in the time and money spent researching and submitting for the FRT. Also trying to make up for trying and being denied for previous FRT designations, or hoping to put some money aside for future submissions.
    Personal example: I purchased a scroll compressor for my heat pump out of the US for less than my buddy, a distributor for the brand, could wholesale it to me in Canada.

I find it odd that people up here either A: See this as a grand conspiracy between retailers, or B: Think pricing should be the same in completely different countries. If either was true, why wouldn't a Canadian firearms retailer drop their prices to the lowest on the planet, and blow the competition away?

I actually did the math at some point. It's all BS what they are trying to tell you. When you calculate the distribution cost of a wiener schnitzel down to the wire, it is a penny to the dollar, if at all. Same with all the other stuff you mentioned. Yes, Canada is a big country but we are talking populated areas which are mostly concentrated South, cut off 90 % of the country and you still have 95 % of the population left in the rest 10 %.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 209jones View Post
    Pretty much guarantee the importer in the US got a better deal than BL. Who would you give a better deal to, a guy with a 2000 pc order, or one with a 20,000pc order. And buying them out of Europe is in Euros, which we are at a disadvantage on as well. And likely a 5 container shipment to the eastern US vs a 1 container shipment to Halifax, or Vancouver, will get a bit better rate, with us again at a disadvantage on the dollar. And cross country freight rates in the US are cheaper than in Canada as well, may be free freight for IRG to their US store. Just those factors alone will bear on the price. BL is stuck with what they have to pay, stuck in more ways than one.
    I doubt very much that BL pays more than the US importer BUT all get charged in USD so the exchange rate is a major component. I know for certain that they put in a buffer for that, maybe as high as 10 % (why?). IRG charges in USD on the other hand. On top, retail margins are very high in Canada compared to the US, otherwise why could SFRC routinely offer 15 % discount while the retail profit in the US is a bare 10 %.