Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Gsg-16 legal status - public announcement

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    [delete]

CGN Ultra frequent flyer phillyblt's Avatar
    Thanks Blue line for the hard work. IRG kinda looking bad right about now. I love CGN no need to watch any TV drama shows lol
    Don't miss... I won't...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by cman View Post
    How are they d;cks?
    They posted a copy of their FRT right in the beginning.
    Agree ...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Please tell me how 1 import of the exact same rimfire would result in different classifications.

It would be like

Glock Austria being restricted but Glock USA prohib

There are 2 different versions with 2 different FRT #'s. It's not that they had different importers, its because they are 2 completely different firearms (in the eyes of the law).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN Regular
    Btw if IRG was a "grey market" and specially in the firearms industry my guess would be the RCMP would have shut them out since the time,so stop calling them Gray market ...

Quote Originally Posted by cman View Post
    How are they d;cks?
    They posted a copy of their FRT right in the beginning.
    The GSG-16 was deemed prohib. Blue line spent the time and money to work with GSG to get it approved for the Canadian Market as NR. The "ATI GSG-16" which was readily available in the states was considered prohib, but the Canadian version was deemed NR. IRG brought in the ATI version and sold them as NR when they were prohib still. Look at the time and data stamps on the FRT IRG posted and the one that Blue line posted. Long story short, IRG could've been shuttered as they were selling *technically* prohib rifles as NR, but the RCMP reclassified the ATI version as well after the fact.

I'm sure there is much more to this as most of us don't work in either of these companies or the departments that handle this stuff. But at the end of the day, IRG cried foul, some idiots ran with it and now we have both sides of the story.

The rumor mill will be running at full speed within the next couple hours I imagine.

Blue line is jealous they brought their version in first.
    Plain and simple, name calling a firearm importer gray market...
    Come on.
    They have FRT and are legally selling guns, albeit way before blue line...many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Danfizz View Post
    Btw if IRG was a "grey market" and specially in the firearms industry my guess would be the RCMP would have shut them out since the time,so stop calling them Gray market ...
    This is a fantastic example of a grey market situation. Pretty much the same gun, but technically different. They sold it as the same thing minus the trigger, but it won't be covered under warranty by GSG if something breaks. It will have to go to IRG for them to send it to ATI.

"A grey or gray market refers to the trade of a commodity through distribution channels that are not authorized by the original manufacturer or trade mark proprietor. Grey market products are products traded outside authorized manufacturer channel." The IRG version was sold outside the Manufacturer authorized channel. To go back a little ways, it would be like selling a brand new Toyota Matrix at a GM dealer that should be selling the Pontiac Vibe. Make sense?

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by btabin View Post
    So if I understand correctly, instead of trying to get the ATI GSG-16s prohibited, you actually got them reclassified as non-restricted?
    Actually, we didn't communicate with the FRT division over this issue at all. We were contacted by police officers who were inquiring about this matter. It is a misconception that anyone can influence the decision of the RCMP over the product classification. We can only apply for product classification, submit the technical information they ask for, and send a sample if they request.
    If the requesting party is unhappy with their decision, they can challenge their decision in the court of law, which is what we did back in 2008 over the GSG-5 rifle.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Vewdu View Post
    This is a fantastic example of a grey market situation. Pretty much the same gun, but technically different. They sold it as the same thing minus the trigger, but it won't be covered under warranty by GSG if something breaks. It will have to go to IRG for them to send it to ATI.

"A grey or gray market refers to the trade of a commodity through distribution channels that are not authorized by the original manufacturer or trade mark proprietor. Grey market products are products traded outside authorized manufacturer channel." The IRG version was sold outside the Manufacturer authorized channel. To go back a little ways, it would be like selling a brand new Toyota Matrix at a GM dealer that should be selling the Pontiac Vibe. Make sense?
    It's the damn same rifle non the less,even in the ATI FRT in the section of product ID it say GSG 16,this is not a kalasnikov 16,same rifle,make sense ?

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast