Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Gsg-16 legal status - public announcement

CGN Regular
    And still we won’t have anyone that has tarred and feathered BL and hurt the reputation of them come out and apologize. They will just hang around the keyboard for the next internet rumour to jump on.

Quote Originally Posted by chev-mekanik View Post
    And still we won’t have anyone that has tarred and feathered BL and hurt the reputation of them come out and apologize. They will just hang around the keyboard for the next internet rumour to jump on.
    Unfortunately this is what CGN turned into.. Just a mob waiting to lynch a business.
    April 8th, remember 22 Bravo. Take a min to remember the Fallen.

Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post
    Unfortunately this is what CGN turned into.. Just a mob waiting to lynch a business.
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by baldabe View Post
    For the sake of disclosure I am not on a pre-order list for the GSG-16, nor have purchased a ATI version.
    I am however going to buy one eventually.

One question that's bothering me is how many new products (FRT numbers) has IRG introduced on their own to the Canadian market?
    I remember the CZ Scorpion Evo3 drama involving Wolverine and IRG. I'm sure there are other incidents. It always seems a Canadian importer gets approval to import (FRT number) and then IRG steals their thunder by using the approval (FRT number) to import from USA.
    I didnt know FRT Belong to someone and you can steal IT ??? 🙄

CGN Regular
    I have been following this for quite some time since the original posts because I loved the rifle. Is it actually going to come or should I focus my money elsewhere? Looking for percentage/timeline based data. Thanks, Kap

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyblt View Post
    Yeah but IRG was still selling prohibs as NRs. That's pretty shady.
    Technically, they weren't. The FRT table doesn't have force of law, so even if a rifle is marked Prohib in the FRT, it can still be NR. It's definitely the case with this one.

A rifle could also not exist at all in the FRT table and be NR. As long as the rifle satisfies the conditions to be NR as they are written in the firearms act (barrel >18.5'', etc...), it is NR, no matter what's in the FRT. To explain it in other words, it's the job of the FRT to conform to reality, not the job of reality to conforms to the FRT.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post
    IRG's latest post (after the BL announcement) contradicts BL's statement. So very hard to know who's right at this point, and who's perception is closest to reality.

Youza.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer squidxm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Youzawhale View Post
    IRG's latest post (after the BL announcement) contradicts BL's statement. So very hard to know who's right at this point, and who's perception is closest to reality.

Youza.
    His point was that everyone was quick to #### on a business with no proof, just accusations.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    Technically, they weren't. The FRT table doesn't have force of law, so even if a rifle is marked Prohib in the FRT, it can still be NR. It's definitely the case with this one.

A rifle could also not exist at all in the FRT table and be NR. As long as the rifle satisfies the conditions to be NR as they are written in the firearms act (barrel >18.5'', etc...), it is NR, no matter what's in the FRT. To explain it in other words, it's the job of the FRT to conform to reality, not the job of reality to conforms to the FRT.
    Do you know if the FRT classification and documentation is required for import?
    Youza.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by squidxm View Post
    His point was that everyone was quick to #### on a business with no proof, just accusations.
    I don't think thats accurate.
    When I saw the IRG post, I respectfully asked BL to chime in and give their side of the story. Most people who saw that thread and replied to it agreed we needed to wait for their version.

Youza.