Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hello from Nova Scotia

BANNED
    Welcome

Welcome to the show Keith!
    John 3:16. If not then unfortunately John 3:36
    Firearms owners are the difference between Tyranny & Freedom!!
    GUN CONTROL IS NOT CRIME CONTROL. ITS POPULATION CONTROL!
    Faith is not knowing what the future holds but knowing who holds the future

Thanks for all the welcomes.
    Just heading up to the farm for the Thanksgiving weekend.
    Going to try and put some fresh grouse on the table.
    Enjoy your weekend
    Regards
    Keith

Welcome from Cole Harbour
    M.V.R.R.C. Member
    Never underestimate the consequences of celebrity and money worshippers. i.e. Trump (Gone) and Trudeau (Next). Same.
    Yes, another proud union man.

Got out on Monday for my first time grouse hunting up at our farm in cape breton. we haven't moved there full time as yet still rebuilding the house for it was in really ruff shape. So its a three year plan.
    tried my luck hunting where my wife and i had flushed many grouse on our walks around the property several times before hunting season had started.
    so had it in my head was going to be easy. well no luck. Headed out at sunrise walked one side of the 65 acres and across the back where there is good habitat for grouse. old apple trees young birch old sugar maples alder hawthorn small brooks it was all there calm morning with fog just not one grouse to be found. brought my dog along as well for she's proven really good at flushing them in the past but she didn't find any either.
    we return to the house worn out regrouped with a late breakfast and tried again later in the day around noonish the fog had lifted away with the wind and we walked the cut line from the property survey down to the river which has a variety of different habitat zones along the way.
    we only came across a few woodcock in the alder line that has a small brook running through it and my wife who's a birder asked me not to shoot them.
    so it's back to the superstore for some chicken for us for now.
    till next time
    keith
    Last edited by thornett; 10-15-2019 at 11:41 AM.

Wrote in earlier post was looking for the original rear sight and elevator ramp for my JC Higgins model 50. One turned up yesterday, thanks to the kindness of SuperCub for the help in sourcing. They are being mailed so my rifle is getting close to being back to stock factory. The original Mashburn scope bases are in the post too.
    Last edited by thornett; 10-16-2019 at 04:19 PM.

**Image and video linking functions will be enabled after you have contributed more to the forum**
    Here's a link to some photos of the JC Higgins model 50 in .270 shown as purchased from Kalvins taxidermy and gunshop in Goldriver Nova Scotia. Highly recommended!
    The scope is coming off and being replaced by a factory original JC Higgins rifleman senior 2.5x or the Weaver k3 60b. Going to see which one I like shooting with more.

This site has too many rules for its own good.
    I'll take my want to share with others elsewhere there are just too many restrictions on posting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12