Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Compatible hand guard/rails with ATRS receiver set

It’s a pretty much new mint 5.56 Colt Canada 18.6” barrel

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteannerdy View Post
    All but the portion of the barrel extension that sits inside the threaded part of your upper. Your Handguard will sit almost all the way back except maybe 3/8” - 1/2”(guessing as I don’t have my AR in front of me)
    Correction to my post here. Only about a half inch of the barrel extension is inside the receiver and doesn’t contribute to the overall firearm length.

If I could upload a photo I would show you a 20” barrel with a 17” Handguard

Have you considered using a KAC urx 4 rail? It doesn’t have any fitting requirements and is a very high quality product

Quote Originally Posted by Clvland View Post
    Have you considered using a KAC urx 4 rail? It doesn’t have any fitting requirements and is a very high quality product
    Sounds great, doesn’t need separate barrel nut - says it comes with wrench to install easily...
    Looks good and solid!
    Who carries these in Canada?
    Can’t find any except in USA...

You might be interested in the BCM KMR or MCMR rails...have two of the 15" MCMR and although they are a bit of a pain to install I am very happy with them. Nice and slim, light and being Mlok you can put rails on where you want them.

They also match up really well with the MS upper.
    Stand and deliver - freedom is not free, and never has been. Resist the Reset!

CGN Regular
    If you are okay with a rounder style handguard the faxon carbon fiber guards are really comfortable and light, also they use standard barrel nuts to mount. You would need to add the mlok rail for your sight though. Another option is the brigand arms handguards. The atlas has a small quad rail on the end for accessories. Uses a jam nut to time which makes installation easy (was my first install, was very easy) They are a bit pricey but some of the more comfortable handguards I've tried. The brigand 15" weighs something like 6oz if you are watching weight. I like longer handguards personally. 15" for 18.6 barrels and 17" for 20 barrels. I have an SLR so my pics wouldn't help you much but they are good handguards regardless!

Anyone check out the new M-LOK handguards that Brownells is making?

It's called the Wrenchman. Looks pretty decent, would like to see how that fits on an MS. Price for a 15" is $156usd

Name:  p_078000511_2.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  15.4 KB

Yeah I went with the 17” BCM kmr, it’s the only 17” they make. Good quality for the money
    Hitchvault.ca

CGN Regular
    I run a Areo Precision Altas s-one 12 inch on my mv, I love the slim feel and not having the full length top rail.

Quote Originally Posted by ColinD View Post
    Anyone check out the new M-LOK handguards that Brownells is making?

It's called the Wrenchman. Looks pretty decent, would like to see how that fits on an MS. Price for a 15" is $156usd

Name:  p_078000511_2.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  15.4 KB
    I don’t think that would be bad at all. They stand behind their product. I don’t see alignment tabs on that and it may use a standard barrel nut. I prefer one that doesn’t require timing the barrel nut.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast