Incase anyone needs to bring in a part

Crazy_Farmer

Regular
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I’d request a quote first. You know the saying about assuming.

My fathers bolt handle on his browning silver flew off during a hunt and after talking to Browning Canada, they said they weren’t allowed to sell directly to public but recommended Reliable. We were happy with that as we’ve been long time customers.

Browning said the MSRP was $21.99. A quick phone call to Reliable and they had part number and would order it no problem.

It took 3-4 weeks to come in, and our dad drove into Vancouver to grab. He didn’t know what it should cost as we ordered it for him and he paid. I noticed the receipt when I went to install later and was shocked.

74.99!

A quick phone call the next day as surely there was a mistake. Was told, “That’s the correct price and At that price Reliable was loosing money.”

Marinated on that statement a few days and sent an email. They looked into it and they said that Browning charged 25$ for shipping. So that would be 25 msrp + 25 shipping + (25 for Reliable). Even though the MSRP browning stated was 21.99.

My brother phoned Browning, and they were actually livid Reliable charged us that amount. Like I said. Don’t assume, get it in writing I suppose. They said they were gonna follow up with Browning why they charged 25$ but that was 2 months ago and no word back from reliable.

For reference you can buy online any after market alternatives for low 20s. Much better route.

Apparently it costs $25 to ship this quarter sized piece of mail by snail mail.

CBTFn7a.jpg

Browning Canada, not being able to sell (easy to install) parts directly to it's customers is the first problem.

You obviously don't understand how business works. Reliable made at most $25 and for that they had to deal with a US supplier, international shipping, customs, paperwork and worst of all your cheap grouchy a**. They were doing you a favour and now you try to burn them online. You are embarrassing yourself with this post, not Reliable

You obviously don't understand how business works. Reliable made at most $25 and for that they had to deal with a US supplier, international shipping, customs, paperwork and worst of all your cheap grouchy a**. They were doing you a favour and now you try to burn them online. You are embarrassing yourself with this post, not Reliable

Is Browning Canada really a US supplier?

I think the OP suggested that Reliable was his go to store and that they were good people.... the inflated price at the end caught him off guard is all.

Only grouchy a** is you bud. Like the others stated. We were in contact with Browning CANADA and were told the MSRP. Been a long time customer. Dave, Shane and John have always been class acts.

I don’t want someone else to have something like this happen to them thinking and assuming.

The only one embarassing themselves is you. Making $25 off a $21.99 part is a bit excessive.

Last edited:
US to Canada shipping JUST SUCKS period. Okay occasionally there is a vendor that I find that is either taking the hit or found a reasonable way to deliver to Canada. My business regularly ships items into Canada from around the world ( especially Europe ) for often significantly less than what it would cost to ship from a vendor located in the USA.

For example, I regularly see US shipping quotes in excess of $35 USD for items that would easily fit in an envelope. Often this fee does not include brokering charges at the border and even occasionally there is an add-on shipping charge for the completed shipping from the border to it's final destination in Canada ( this shows up as a COD surprise ) Not sure what is going on there but it is suspicious.

When possible I first try to locate the items in Canada ( we probably all do ) and then I search everywhere else BUT the USA for a source.

I do realize that firearms components throw a wrench in that gearbox....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom