Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incase anyone needs to bring in a part

Incase anyone needs to bring in a part

I’d request a quote first. You know the saying about assuming.

My fathers bolt handle on his browning silver flew off during a hunt and after talking to Browning Canada, they said they weren’t allowed to sell directly to public but recommended Reliable. We were happy with that as we’ve been long time customers.

Browning said the MSRP was $21.99. A quick phone call to Reliable and they had part number and would order it no problem.

It took 3-4 weeks to come in, and our dad drove into Vancouver to grab. He didn’t know what it should cost as we ordered it for him and he paid. I noticed the receipt when I went to install later and was shocked.

74.99!

A quick phone call the next day as surely there was a mistake. Was told, “That’s the correct price and At that price Reliable was loosing money.”

Marinated on that statement a few days and sent an email. They looked into it and they said that Browning charged 25$ for shipping. So that would be 25 msrp + 25 shipping + (25 for Reliable). Even though the MSRP browning stated was 21.99.

My brother phoned Browning, and they were actually livid Reliable charged us that amount. Like I said. Don’t assume, get it in writing I suppose. They said they were gonna follow up with Browning why they charged 25$ but that was 2 months ago and no word back from reliable.

For reference you can buy online any after market alternatives for low 20s. Much better route.

Apparently it costs $25 to ship this quarter sized piece of mail by snail mail.

Charlie Daniels - What this world needs is a few more rednecks, Some people aint afraid to take a stand

$25 shipping landed at your retailer is actually a good deal. Shipping internationally sucks. and companies gotta make margin.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer easysauce's Avatar
    You can order parts under 100$ from brownells since they are a licensed exporter FYI for next time
    No drop of water blames itself for the flood

There is also western gun parts in AB. Usually have most parts on hand, even the really obscure stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Vewdu View Post
    There is also western gun parts in AB. Usually have most parts on hand, even the really obscure stuff.
    I have tried unsuccessfully several times to purchase parts from western gun parts. They never have what I am looking for
    pandering to paranoia produces pointless prosecutions of people

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easysauce View Post
    You can order parts under 100$ from brownells since they are a licensed exporter FYI for next time
    And you can order under $500 USD if you don't mind taking 5 minutes to fill out their end user statement and send it back.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Browning Canada, not being able to sell (easy to install) parts directly to it's customers is the first problem.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

You obviously don't understand how business works. Reliable made at most $25 and for that they had to deal with a US supplier, international shipping, customs, paperwork and worst of all your cheap grouchy a**. They were doing you a favour and now you try to burn them online. You are embarrassing yourself with this post, not Reliable

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    You obviously don't understand how business works. Reliable made at most $25 and for that they had to deal with a US supplier, international shipping, customs, paperwork and worst of all your cheap grouchy a**. They were doing you a favour and now you try to burn them online. You are embarrassing yourself with this post, not Reliable
    Is Browning Canada really a US supplier?

I think the OP suggested that Reliable was his go to store and that they were good people.... the inflated price at the end caught him off guard is all.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

I agree with that can-down

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast