Page 10 of 143 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: Spectre Ballistics Light Practical Carbine - NR Receiver Set

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    Simply drilling a hole for a gas tube will not allow you in any way to convert the rifle to semi-auto. The buffer spring is completely omitted from the design. Infact the mount point for the stock is not even drilled all the way though the rifle, and is slightly offset from the bore axis by a couple of mm's to ensue the gun can't be converted.

As for a proprietary BCG, yes it's a downside but necessary. It is possible to permanently convert a standard BGC to work with the rifle.
    I understand the design aspects of your system and the reasoning for your choosing to do it that way. My comments were only in reference to other comments wondering about going with a standard bcg and buffer tube set up so we get the spring assist.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN Regular William_mississauga's Avatar
    Are there any pictures of the rear angle!

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    I understand the design aspects of your system and the reasoning for your choosing to do it that way. My comments were only in reference to other comments wondering about going with a standard bcg and buffer tube set up so we get the spring assist.
    We opted for no spring assist to ensure a swift NR classification as a bolt action. We are not giving them an inch to classify this as anything but bolt action.

Quote Originally Posted by William_mississauga View Post
    Are there any pictures of the rear angle!
    Not yet.

Any chance you can share drawings of the Bolt/carrier system?

Quote Originally Posted by XXXXX View Post
    Any chance you can share drawings of the Bolt/carrier system?
    We don't release that kind of information. It's just a shorter bolt carrier with a bolt knob attachment, nothing special.

CGN Regular
    Interested when the time comes.

If the morons do insist on a ban, maybe they should offer a receiver swap at their expense instead of a complete buy-back (assuming that was ever a real consideration). Probably cheaper for them, a compromise position (that nobody would like), and a sh!tload of sales for Spectre as well as a make work program for gunsmiths (for those incapable of doing the conversion themselves). Just musing.
    "I've been offered a lot for my work, but never everything.", The Magnificent Seven
    "Nothing wrong with quiet.", Jeremiah Johnson
    CCFR CPC member ONTARIOPC member

Quote Originally Posted by canthitathing View Post

If the morons do insist on a ban, maybe they should offer a receiver swap at their expense instead of a complete buy-back (assuming that was ever a real consideration). Probably cheaper for them, a compromise position (that nobody would like), and a sh!tload of sales for Spectre as well as a make work program for gunsmiths (for those incapable of doing the conversion themselves). Just musing.
    That would never happen. The goal is complete disarmament. The scary black rifles are the easiest target. Then you get the handguns. Next come the sniper rifles. Then they’ll realize that video of the “AR-15” blowing up a pumpkin is actually a pump shotgun and they do away with those.

Quote Originally Posted by canthitathing View Post

Hey now, you’re expecting the gooberment to be reasonable and logical, me thinks you set the bar waaaaaay to high for those morons. Their only objective is to remove firearms from lawful citizens, they have no intention of a compromise. However, I like your optimism.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Murray 3-D's Avatar
    I am also confused/unaware of what keeps the bolt carrier forward insuring the lugs remain locked... ??
    Just saying it how it is.....