Page 25 of 143 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212223242526272829303132333545 ... LastLast

Thread: Spectre Ballistics Light Practical Carbine - NR Receiver Set

BANNED
    Get a prototype down for the December gunshow in stony!

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frabill View Post
    Get a prototype down for the December gunshow in stony!
    Maybe.

Would it be possible to machine a small groove for a rib within the magazine well. This way, a full capacity magazine could be made specifically for the gun (using the rib to prevent use in ARs and trouble from the RCMP) while the gun could still use STANAG style mags without the rib.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by zxcv View Post
    Would it be possible to machine a small groove for a rib within the magazine well. This way, a full capacity magazine could be made specifically for the gun (using the rib to prevent use in ARs and trouble from the RCMP) while the gun could still use STANAG style mags without the rib.

Just a thought.
    We have no plans for developing a magazine for the gun.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer NavyShooter's Avatar
    When the time comes and these are ready for market, I'm in for at least 1 set. Maybe 2.

Additionally, I will offer free upper receiver disassembly, and re-assembly in the Halifax area to any that ask for it.

NS
    One shot one tequilla

Death from a bar....

Interested in one of these, but why is the bolt handle on the wrong side?

Quote Originally Posted by tinman304 View Post
    Interested in one of these, but why is the bolt handle on the wrong side?
    It's 100% ambi. You can put the bolt knob on either side. This is not pictured in the original render.

Mr. Spectre, a question or two or three if you don't mind.
    Being a southpaw (aka: left-handed and far from being a 'leftie') and owning several right-handed AR platform rifles, would you contemplate manufacturing a 'left-hand' upper in the future?
    All my bolt guns are left-hand, so accommodating the 10+% of us that hate reaching over scope, receiver to acquire the bolt - that would be a major selling point for those of us that use semi-automatic rifles.
    Few manufacturers make left-hand bolt guns as it is, which is a major reason why us L-H crowd frequently purchase semi-auto rifles.
    I realize it wouldn't be for some time after the initial introduction of your current product - but it would certainly keep me interested in this effort...and potentially buying several receiver sets down the road.
    Not knowing the manufacturing process - but understanding 'economy of scale' in all aspects of marketing - I do believe your design option, if it's proven to be a need, would allow us forgotten few to stay in the game.
    Member of NFA; CSSA; CCFR
    In Life - Every Decade Lived Doubles in Velocity from the Decade Lived Before - And Then One Day

Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    It's 100% ambi. You can put the bolt knob on either side. This is not pictured in the original render.

Well that's embarrassing. You answered it minutes before I posted the question. GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE ;-)
    Member of NFA; CSSA; CCFR
    In Life - Every Decade Lived Doubles in Velocity from the Decade Lived Before - And Then One Day

Good morning CGN,

It's been awhile since we've had any visual progress to report, however don't worry we've been making great progress on the LPC. Over the weekend we managed to complete the first prototype upper, and assemble the first rifle. We will be making some minor changes to the upper in the next iteration to remove some sharp edges.

With a 20" pencil barrel, light weight 10" m-lok handguard, and a magpul stock, the rifle weights under 5lbs loaded. 5.1 lbs with the optic pictured. We are now working on the bolt body which we hope to have completed shortly.

We will have the rifle at the Edmonton gun show this weekend.