Page 36 of 143 FirstFirst ... 162628293031323334353637383940414243444656 ... LastLast

Thread: Spectre Ballistics Light Practical Carbine - NR Receiver Set

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Bigbubba's Avatar
    Says my email address is invalid?

Business Member SpectreBallistics's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbubba View Post
    Says my email address is invalid?
    Use the signup at the bottom of the page.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    It seems that these cannot be easily made into a semi auto which is good, because if the turd gets his way the semi will be prohibited and like the full auto before it,,, if a receiver can be made semi auto easily it will also be prohibited/banned. Looking forward to seeing the finished product! Good work folks!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Nope, can’t find the link to ‘notify me when available’ for the 10/22 adaptors or the LPC. Running safari on my iPhone, created and account and signed in but no luck. Already subscribed to this conversation so I assume I’ll get notified here.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpectreBallistics View Post
    There are many people in this thread who think we should ship these guns immediately without an FRT. We completely understand everyones excitement to get these guns. Unlike the Kodiak and ATRS offerings this gun is a 100% new design. It's not a variant of any existing non-restricted firearm. We will be getting an FRT for this gun. Being a bolt action we expect the FRT process to be much quicker than semi-automatic rifles.
    Changed your mind yet? EMT on standby.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN frequent flyer
    Lets assume my gun knowledge is minimal, is this designed to basically drop into place of the old receiver on my AR or would I need to do a bunch of other changes?

Super Moderator
    Assuming that the set is upper receiver, lower receiver, bolt carrier and cocking handle, you would assemble your rifle by adding AR parts until the unit is complete. That is, you would install a barrel unit with forend, a stock (without buffer & spring), a grip, a trigger group and magazine catch assembly.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by THESEUS View Post
    is this designed to basically drop into place of the old receiver on my AR
    No, else it would be an AR or variant.

As per tiriaq you would use a lot of the parts from the old AR on the new upper and lower.
    "No matter where you go - there you are"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chumlee Bumsnag's Avatar
    Account created. EMT funds stocked up.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    Assuming that the set is upper receiver, lower receiver, bolt carrier and cocking handle, you would assemble your rifle by adding AR parts until the unit is complete. That is, you would install a barrel unit with forend, a stock (without buffer & spring), a grip, a trigger group and magazine catch assembly.
    So what happens with the "donor" AR? Do you have to register it as a stripped lower in the event of a ban by the government?